DGRfab 521 SR20DET

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to the studs tonight. Im surprised nobody asked what MY wheels were doing in YOUR garage. :D Looking good on the progress. Like I said the other day. I have to get my turbo going before you get LSD so I can watch you in the rear view! I still might want to run it because theres NO Way your gunna hook with that motor and a 1 legger in a truck. (Maybee you should cement the tailgate) ;) And Jason........ I wouldent really call it work. It was more like stand around and talk shit. All in all its been great to meet some fellow datsun guys down here. Keep up the good work Joma and let me know what I can do to help.

I finally got to the studs tonight. Im surprised nobody asked what MY wheels were doing in YOUR garage. :D Looking good on the progress. Like I said the other day. I have to get my turbo going before you get LSD so I can watch you in the rear view! I still might want to run it because theres NO Way your gunna hook with that motor and a 1 legger in a truck. (Maybee you should cement the tailgate) ;) And Jason........ I wouldent really call it work. It was more like stand around and talk shit. All in all its been great to meet some fellow datsun guys down here. Keep up the good work Joma and let me know what I can do to help.

want to come over and be moral support? hahah

whenever I try to do something.. I get lazy. and I need directions :o

want to come over and be moral support? hahah

whenever I try to do something.. I get lazy. and I need directions :o

I know what ya mean. You get into your dime yet?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Brakes are pretty much done (just need to bench bleed MC, bleed the calipers, and check for leaks)...

brakesinstalled.jpg

Isuzu rear brakes fit like a champ

Isuzurearbrakesinstalled.jpg

Had to shorten the MAF air filter adapter and put on a stubby air filter to clear the new brake MC:

airfiltershortened_01.jpg

airfiltershortened_02.jpg

I had a choice to open up the hole on the firewall or file down the lip on the MC flush. I filed the the MC :) Also had to lengthen the mounting holes...

brakemcfileddown_01.jpg

brakemcfileddown_02.jpg

Custom rod for the MC. I'll take pics of the final form when I take out the MC to bench bleed.

brakeMCrod_01.jpg

Don't mind the slag. I was welding with Flux Core as I've been too lazy to hook up my argon tank since I got it refilled :o

brakeMCrod_02.jpg

Brake line fun!

brakelinesbegin.jpg

rear brake transition line from OEM 3 way connector to driver side caliper.

rearbraketransitionline.jpg

Front caliper transition hard lines. I ended up looping the Russel z32 lines to take up the slack (still need to tie them down):

frontbraketransitionhardline_01.jpg

Passenger side:

frontbraketransitionhardline_02.jpg

Driver side:

frontbraketransitionhardline_03.jpg

Decided to route all the brake lines into the cabin in anticipation for my eventual underdash MC pedal assembly :eek:

Passenger side front brake line routing with 1" hole cut to route into cabin:

frontbrakepassengerhardline.jpg

frontbrakepassengerplumbedinside.jpg

Wilwood adjustable prop. valve in place. Still need to fabricate a mounting bracket:

Wilwoodwithoutbracket.jpg

Hard line from MC routed over steering column. Tried to place the prop valve and unions in one place to make line changes and tracking leaks easier:

brakehardlinesplumbed.jpg

Brake MC and clutch MC hard lines routed downward into driver side fender well through existing hole in fender:

brakeMClines_01.jpg

brakeMChardlines_02.jpg

Got a little messy with the rear brake line and clutch line in an effort to minimize unions and potential leaks. Use a 1" hole saw to cut another hole to route the lines into the cabin:

frontbrakehardlinedriverside.jpg

Clutch line routed into cabin. Just need to connect the line from the MC (might have to redo the one from the slave in a longer length):

clutchlinetucked.jpg

Coming soon...

Body harness tuck and engine harness tuck :eek:

wiretuckbegins.jpg

Looks good man, glad to see the brake brackets are fitting up o.k. Can't believe you got Brandon to get down there and do some work! lol

The brackets worked out great!

Yup, I got Brandon to do something for once. He's been sitting around talking about some L20B turbo project, but I haven't seen anything such thing installed in his truck :P

2eDeYe;12856']I was enthralled by the pics I guess :P

:D

your making real progress.. Im impressed.

i HATE that guy' date=' im so jealous :P ;) jk jk .. much love man great work im so excited for YOU... now plz doit to mine haha :cool:[/quote']

gonna be 1 sweet ride!

Thanks for the compliment fellas! Sorry, I've been slow on the updates...

I wouldent really call it work. It was more like stand around and talk shit. All in all its been great to meet some fellow datsun guys down here. Keep up the good work Joma and let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks for all your help, man. You saved me alot of stress and headache.

BTW, all I see is a turbo motor on a engine stand. Guess we'll see who gets theirs off the stands first :eek:

Oh and don't be surprised if you walk out to the shop to find the LSD missing and two long burn out marks in front of your house :eek::eek::eek:

:D

nope. I dont mind doing stuff.. I jsut dont knwo what im doing. I need someone to shout directions at me and make sure im not screwing up.

Dude, between Brandon, Clayton, and I, we've got enough to get you going. Just let us know (and give me time to get my truck back on the road :D )

Hey Makiba, my hat is off to you for hiring out the work you did to Mr. Gallmeister and saving the stuff you can handle for yourself. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Both worlds being do it all oneself vs. paying a shop to do it all.

Nice fucking rig man!!

hey when do I get to go for a ride???:D and we all need to see pictures of that rig on the ground with Brandons old wheels... or better yet pictures of those rear tires up in smoke hahaha :D:eek: give me a call soon

Clayton

maybe i missed it somewhere in the discussion... has there been an estimate bill for this conversion yet? i know it hasn't been a simple drop it off and pick it up job, but there has to be some sort of ball park that i could start saving for. :D