DGRfab 521 SR20DET

Is that the real Greedy mani? or the affordable one?

I had that same radiator in my SR 510, I've since sold it and bought a smaller one. let me tell you that radiator work very well!!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the real Greedy mani? or the affordable one?

Yup, it's a GReddy not a FReddy. :D I'll be paying off that part for a few paychecks :(

I had that same radiator in my SR 510, I've since sold it and bought a smaller one. let me tell you that radiator work very well!!

SWEET! I sit in alot of stop and go on my commute and some semi-steep roads so it's good to hear another person use it...

UPDATE

Battery wired up!

batterywiredup.jpg

batterywiredup_02.jpg

batterywiredunderneath.jpg

Battery fits neatly under fuel evap cover. It's like Nissan new that the 521 would get a SR20 one day :eek:

batterycoveronlikestock.jpg

Current undercarriage shot:

undercarriage.jpg

Downpipe done! Damn its so SEXY!

downpipedone_01.jpg

downpipedone_03.jpg

downpipedone_02.jpg

Wategate modded. Extended about 2.25" with a thread rod and grade 5 bolt for adjustment

wastegateextended_02.jpg

wastegateextended_01.jpg

SWEET! I sit in alot of stop and go on my commute and some semi-steep roads so it's good to hear another person use it...

I did have a classy fan though, I think it was 1200cfm puller.

Damn that shifter location goes deeeeep into the bench seating area.... thats bad thats too damn bad i am really pissed too see it drive itself soo far in aw man thats too bad =(

Did I miss that picture?

yup, guess it was edited in...

I love this thread..

What are the more reputable JDM importers.. as far as SR's go?

I got my motorset through Dan as he would also warranty it along with all the fab work...

There's lots of places (i.e. eBay), but it's hard to say which shops would help you out if they sent you a bad swap...

Damn that shifter location goes deeeeep into the bench seating area.... thats bad thats too damn bad i am really pissed too see it drive itself soo far in aw man thats too bad =(

Get an auto :D

I love this thread..

What are the more reputable JDM importers.. as far as SR's go?

Icehouse, where did you get yours?

heavy throttle is a very good online source. A friend of mine got his from them, somehow he was missing something from the kit, heavythrottle over night shipped him the part. I got my sr's from a local shop that basically calls all the local importers.

wastegateextended_02.jpg

wastegateextended_01.jpg

this is what I do to turn up the boost

P1010015.JPG

i love this thread too

ditto :D

I got my motorset through Dan as he would also warranty it along with all the fab work...

There's lots of places (i.e. eBay), but it's hard to say which shops would help you out if they sent you a bad swap...

I don't like ebay most the time.... there is way to much crap on there....

Speaking of ebay, I saw this on ebay today...maybe it will work in this setting...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-Datsun-720-Bench-Seat-620-Nissan-Truck-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ260133285936QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33701QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

41b7_3.JPG

Love the pictures, cant wait to go for a ride in that thing! It was great meeting you and Brandon the other night, cant wait to get together again. Send me a picture of your bench seat if you can so we can work something out with the seats in Lisa's 521. Hope to hear back from you soon, keep up the updates.

- Clayton

Yep, I have an FJ20 in my Wagon and in my 2 door 510. The Wagon is carbed and the 2 door is injected and turbo charged. I'd love to answer any questions you might have about the FJ. Would love to help if I could.

engine2.jpg

IMGP0298.jpg

well im just wondering how easy of an install it is, comparing to a ka or sr swap and also wondering how good of an engine it is an how easy to work on.. also how spendy are they and how easy is it to get ahold of.. thanks alot man great pics glad im not the only one that thought about it.. i heard they doit in aussie land tho

SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Video up tomorrow (my camera won't download :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)!

Some pics to tide you guys over:

latest motor shots:

latestmotorshot_01.jpg

latestmotorshot_02.jpg

Phase2Motortrend grounding plate (improves cooling of coilpacks and grounding :cool:). Uninstalled in this pic. It's just laying on top of the coilpacks...

P2Mcloseup.jpg

Radiator hoses with t-bolt clamps!

radiatorhoseandtboltclamp.jpg

FAL slim fan installed and wired-up:

FALfaninstalled.jpg

Fuel pump relay and Daniel's custom fuel evap cannister:

Danielscustomfuelevapcanister_01.jpg

Danielscustomfuelevapcannister_02.jpg

55amp tractor/race alternator finished. Dan's got more pics. He made a custom mount to bolt up the block and used the Nissan belt tensioner assembly!

alternator.jpg

wastegate finished

finishedwastegate.jpg

steering link finished. can be adjusted on the truck!

finishedsteeringlink_01.jpg

custom throttle cable!

customthrottlecable.jpg

wiring fun...

wiringfun.jpg

tranny tunnel patched:

trannytunnelpatched.jpg

Daniel, high from the open downpipe fumes :eek:

Danielishigh_blur.jpg

"Now if I stick the power wire in my mouth and ground my thumb to the chassis, the electric fan should switch on..." :D:D:D

electricfanrelayaction.jpg

After only 3 weeks at DGR, she's back in my hands tomorrow (just a couple small loose ends to wrap up)!

DAN AND DANIEL RULE.

Love the pictures, cant wait to go for a ride in that thing! It was great meeting you and Brandon the other night, cant wait to get together again. Send me a picture of your bench seat if you can so we can work something out with the seats in Lisa's 521. Hope to hear back from you soon, keep up the updates.

- Clayton

It was good meeting you and Lisa! She has a really clean 521. SR20DET is next, right? :D

Definately rides for everybody! I will send you pics of the bench seat ASAP. Better yet, swing by my house. I'll call you tomorrow...

-Joma

Yep, I have an FJ20 in my Wagon and in my 2 door 510. The Wagon is carbed and the 2 door is injected and turbo charged. I'd love to answer any questions you might have about the FJ. Would love to help if I could.

NICE WAGON :cool:

Dan called me today and asked, "You do burnouts in this truck?"

I said, "Yeah, I've tried, but the I couldn't get enough power out of motor to do any."

He replied, "You won't have that problem now."

:D

They took it out for a test drive around the block. Said it's quick. So quick, Dan couldn't stop laughing maniacaly on the phone. :eek:

Need to go to a muffler shop to finish the exhaust (fumes in the cabin are too strong from the open downpipe; nearly knocked them out during the test drive) and it's coming home!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: