DGRfab 521 SR20DET

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little something I stumbled upon loading some pics to photobucket today. This truck is from Japan, just a little incentive!;)

jap-01.jpg

:eek:

Good find!

Looks like a NA/SR20DE? Filter seems to be on the intake manifold side.

Man, those crazy Japanese! :eek:

Here's a little something I stumbled upon loading some pics to photobucket today. This truck is from Japan, just a little incentive!;)

jap-01.jpg

Mmmmmm......5-lug. Wonder what front end is under there? (sorry for the jack.)

Hey Joma wanted to come see that seat give me a call so we can set something up... oh and by the way I had to stop by DGR yesterday and take a look and WOW looks...and sounds AWESOME !!! :D:D hope to talk to you soon

Clayton

It's home! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Man, I really can't describe how quick this thing feels. All I know is that I couldn't stop smiling coupled with random outburts of hysterical laughter all day. Now more than ever do I need to put on those disc brakes :D

Here's a video of the first day it started up:

th_startedup.jpg

Pics on the day I took the beast home yesterday:

More of Dan's welding magic

temporaryexhaustprogess.jpg

Headlights put in. No more high beams because the intercooler interferred with the buckets. But it's just a reason to mount the BOV on the side of the intercooler in one bucket and run a HKS mushroom intake up to the other bucket :)

headlightbucket_01.jpg

headlightbucket_02.jpg

Sitting outside DGR waiting to put on the exhaust manifold heatshield then it's ready for the drive home...

done_01.jpg

done_02.jpg

I can't say this enough:

THANK YOU DAN AND DANIEL FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still got to wire up some gauges, pop on Brandon's disc brake conversion, figure out how I want the shifter to sit, and get some new seats/smaller steering wheel to fit my 6' self. Then its off to the muffler shop and the dyno next week to check a/f and other good stuff...

I love this truck.

Whats up here.. looks like New Welds.. did you cut this crossmember down??

The crossmember was originally cut when Dan was first mocking it up. Here's a better shot from page 1:

mounts_resize_03.jpg

Also, thats 3 inch downpipe right.. is it squished down eliptical at that last joint??

Yup, Dan pounded on it with a hammer to form the 3" pipe into an oval to clear the crossmember so there would still be good ground clearance.

yours is ka is it not beebani?? is it turbo? ??

Yeah its a ka, n/a, but with the header, intake, and 3ft. exhaust it sounds mean like that one does. I think I'm gonna take it to the exhaust shop and have the pipe run all the way out the back; I can't take that loudness all the time! Plus Johnny Law will come down on me for it.

yea, i know all about the loudness.. remember at canby my muffler and most the pipe was in the bed of the truck :P so if u lengthin the pipe will it make it quieter or what? or are you going to put a muffler on too?? i got a turbo muffler an im likin it.. not too loud but still really good low pitch sound.. not all honduh wingy dingy pop coffe can soundin

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Been busy ever since I got the truck back.

latest_02.jpg

new window regulators and door felt. Sooooooo much better to drive without the windows banging around!

newwindowregulatorandfelt.jpg

Old window regulator was missing the spring. No wonder it was hard to roll up and down!

oldandnewwindowregulator.jpg

new hood cable. No more sliced fingers!:)

newhoodcable.jpg

Tailight fun. Had to replace the reverse lens as it had a crack/big hole in it. Also had to splice in some bulb sockets as a couple of mine were corroded. Can