• datzenmike changed the title to 510 Supersonic Grill
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/14/2021 at 3:17 PM, RandyWanger said:

I've got one on a boat somewhere, not had the VAT or Duty bill yet so no idea what the landed price is. PM me if you want to make an offer, I don't need it anymore. 

If it arrives let me know. I have possibly found one in the UK.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, carterb said:

Sorry, I didn't notice the Unavailable tag.

Datsun-garage is Love20bee?

I didn't know that.  I thought they just had the grills made to raise capital for their custom wheel venture which looks like it takes all their time and workspace.

It still showed in stock when you posted the link. Someone jumped on it.

17 hours ago, carterb said:

I didn't know that.  I thought they just had the grills made to raise capital for their custom wheel venture which looks like it takes all their time and workspace.

It looks like not all of their stuff is, but he is one of the vendors they sell.  It has the vendor listed under the item.

Last thing - for informational purposes. 

The grill (grille) you are after is not a "supersonic" or a "super sports sedan" grill.  Those are both marketing names.  It is the grill used on all 1972 model year bluebirds in Japan.  Although SSS cars in Japan did have this grill in '72, it had a SSS emblem.  GL cars had a GL emblem.  DX cars (and standard?) had the supersonic emblem in the center.

IMG_1472.JPG

i-img1200x900-1557676259puxfyp375545.jpg

0400271A30191225W00101.jpg

• Like 1
On 2/16/2021 at 1:30 PM, carterb said:

Sorry, I didn't notice the Unavailable tag.

Matt, AKA Love20Bee, was making vintage repro parts for early Mazda cars and then started doing Datsun stuff when people started asking for it. He was going to make quite a few things and he did some Z bumpers and the grilles. Dash Pads, Tail light finishers and Bluebird Coupe tail lights where all in the works, but after he got some negative comments for making rare stuff become common, and combined with the pain of dealing with vendors overseas, he pulled the plug on the parts side and focused on the wheel side. 

Maybe he might make more grills since the tooling has been made for them. 

On 2/17/2021 at 8:47 AM, carterb said:

Last thing - for informational purposes. 

The grill (grille) you are after is not a "supersonic" or a "super sports sedan" grill.  Those are both marketing names.  It is the grill used on all 1972 model year bluebirds in Japan.  Although SSS cars in Japan did have this grill in '72, it had a SSS emblem.  GL cars had a GL emblem.  DX cars (and standard?) had the supersonic emblem in the center.

IMG_1472.JPG

i-img1200x900-1557676259puxfyp375545.jpg

0400271A30191225W00101.jpg

Not trying to derail this thread but can you share what models came with the "Safari" grill?