Cup holder for a 520

zed1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The base would be easy to bend then fabricate the top.  I will ask my brother Garret if he would be interasted pn making some of these for sale.  I can not use my 520 for a pattern because of the custom tunnel.  But I do have a 71 521 cab the I believe has a virgin tunnel.  I will let you know what he says.

• Like 1

I just emailed my brother Garret the picture from your post above.  I will be over at his house later today.  He ahs a broken foot and I am helping him out by doing yard work for him to keep the city of phoenix of his back.

• Like 1

Charlie,

As a reminder, the early 520's have the shifter rod hole located closer to the firewall to accommodate the early transmission design.  The distance between the heater box and the shifter boot is 9.5". 

Since the later transmission design moved the shifter boot closer to the seat, the previously referenced distance is greater.

Thanks to you and Garret for your assistance on this project.

Keith

• Like 1

Holy Sheep Shit....I had one exactly like that in my 510 wagon in the late 1980's. The tension in the metal held it to the transmission hump.

• Like 1

Been meaning to fab something up like this for a while for both my 620 and my 510... just havent had the metal around... 

Stealing a idea from the lonely driver company - who makes nice looking aluminum ones - I had a wheel spacer lying around and threw this together in 5 minutes. Not sure what the seat mounts are like in the 520, but another idea. Sliced some fuel line open to line the inside of the spacer to make the diameter a little smaller.

20200407_160217

• Like 4
  • 2 years later...
21 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Someone in another build thread was using this style in a console. They make a couple different sizes, one of which fits 32oz Nalgene bottles perfectly 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00911UWSE/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_9?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I use those in the custom consoles I build. They come in black plastic too.

I made this one a couple years ago that uses a 3d printed cup holder. The entire console (front and back) is steel, not wood, like so many custom shops do.

20210213_100454.jpg?width=960&height=720

20210213_100208.jpg?width=960&height=720

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 3
  • 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...