Radiator

Payco

Does anyone have a standard 510 radiator they could post a photo of. I need to replace mine as the current one is some random rad and not a 510 that is broken but worst still doesn't align and has been mounted on some custom brackets that are ugly. Would prefer original than replacing with an alloy one but would like to see what mine should actually look like. Thanks.

Edited by Payco
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an FYI because I had mine record. Be aware if they change the upper tank or you will have figment issues. The original upper tank has a 45 degree angle for clearance and the aftermarket tanks have 90 and that is when it hits the lip on the rad support as well as the fan shroud will also. Just something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

I've got some original 510 rads, but none are known to be good as is...........I would sell as a rebuildable CORE unit.  Shipping to the UK would be painful $$, but I can do it if you want one!  Only way to get an exact shipping cost would be to actually box it up, which I just can't do unless it is sold.  I can measure one, weigh it & GUESS, but sometimes that bites ya in the rear once it is actually sold & boxed up, cuz of added weight of packing material & added dimensions to accomodate!

Another option is buy the aluminum rad & paint or powdercoat black, so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!  I bought an aluminum rad for my 65 Mustang GT, thought about painting it black, but simply didn't want to spend the time, so in it went as aluminum!  I got used to it!

Here's the Champion high performance radiator replacement for the 510 that bolts to the original holes. Bought on ebay.

45803470655_9021572a29_o.jpg

I lowered it from stock height just to make sure I did not have it hit the hood when I finally get the VG33 swap done.

If you are going to paint it, I would opt for the somewhat expensive Eastwood radiator paint.

Definitely not stock looking.  😞

• Like 1
19 hours ago, yenpit said:

I've got some original 510 rads, but none are known to be good as is...........I would sell as a rebuildable CORE unit.  Shipping to the UK would be painful $$, but I can do it if you want one!  Only way to get an exact shipping cost would be to actually box it up, which I just can't do unless it is sold.  I can measure one, weigh it & GUESS, but sometimes that bites ya in the rear once it is actually sold & boxed up, cuz of added weight of packing material & added dimensions to accomodate!

Another option is buy the aluminum rad & paint or powdercoat black, so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb!  I bought an aluminum rad for my 65 Mustang GT, thought about painting it black, but simply didn't want to spend the time, so in it went as aluminum!  I got used to it!

Very kind of you to offer this up but I think all the above plus import duty will make it very expensive. If I cant source one from here in the UK (unlikely) I will go for an aftermarket replacement. Thanks guys.

4 hours ago, Payco said:

Can anyone share the stock 510 radiator dimensions. Want to make sure the one I buy is the right fitment. Height,width, depth please.

Check the inlet and outlet diameter too... I know it matter to me with my 521... some had a J motor while mine the L series.... not sure if the same might apply to the 510 but sellers tend to group things and just say fits a 510....

• Like 1

The Champion and Koyo radiators for the L series are very close to the stock size. You should be able to find some measurements from them. 

JEGS and Summit Racing will let you search radiators by size and inlet/outlet and other options --- Understanding that you might not be able to order from them... they are a very good resource for part numbers for both aftermarket and oem options

• Like 1