you might be datto driver if...

brysjclue

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go to the dealer and ask for parts.

The kid behind the counter says "We don't sell Datsuns here..."

Really?! I'd like to see one if you did.

"Lemme go get someone who can help you..."

The oldest parts counterperson on the planet shows up and says "We carry the air filter and the oil filter for that car. Thats it."

At 30, am I one who can still remember a real 'DATSUN' parts counter...??

Keep 'em coming, this is great...

Nobody takes you or your ride seriously because they all think it's an old beat up POS (probably because you're always fixing something - even if it's not broken), but despite this, you take pride in it because it's running because of YOU:D

Speaking of the Datsun -> Nissan name change... there's a Pulsar that must be '83 with a Datsun badge on the back... maybe I should get it and put it on the back of mine to gain some cred around this site :P

Edited by ratsar_nx
fixed spelling
Nobody takes you or your ride seriously because they all think it's an old beat up POS (probably because you're always fixing something - even if it's not broken), but despite this, you take pride in it because it's running because of YOU:D

yup! my POS 620. i love it but its a bucket. sounds like ass, but runs like a champ. put my foot through the floor so now when its light i can see the drivers front tire and roadway. not fun to look at going 65.

yup! my POS 620. i love it but its a bucket. sounds like ass, but runs like a champ. put my foot through the floor so now when its light i can see the drivers front tire and roadway. not fun to look at going 65.

I fixed that by throwing 3 floormats over the hole.

Still billows up at 65...

1. Asshat gas attendants get pissed b'cuz they have to hold the pump. (Oregonian 521 guys, you know.)

:lol:

Ain't that the f'ing truth. I just volunteer to hold the nozzle. :D

When you dread going to the parts store, because you know that the it'll be an hour of comparing parts to find the right one.

Damn mystery parts installed by PO's!