12th Annual SWDP Barbecue August 10th 2019

Charlie69

This years SWDP Barbecue will be at Martin Tudo Martin Tudor Jurupa Hills Regional Park 11925 Sierra Ave, Fontana, CA 92337.  SWDP Barbecue will be  on the 10th of August 2019.

DSC02045.jpg

SWDP002-vi.jpg

This will be from 9 am to 4 pm.  Please bring your family, cars and trucks.  Good times.

Please bring what you would like to drink and grill.  We will supply some hamburgers and hot dogs and water.

We will fire up the grill around 11:30 am.

• Like 4
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TY for getting things started Charlie.

Heres a link to more info on the park including directions...

https://www.fontana.org/714/Martin-Tudor-Jurupa-Hills-Park

As in years past our event is open to any & all vehicles & theres room to park trailers but we reccomend you get there early seeing as parking fills up fast.

& we  will be reserving gazebo #2 this year..a HUGE TY to Carlos for making that happen...

Gazebo-2.jpg

I have tracked down 2 of the original membes of So Cal Datsun Pickups & hoping they can attend. One of them still has his club jacket & pics from back in the day which he will bring to share.

Mr George koepsel founder of Fontana Datsun should be there with pictures & stories..if you have a chance sit & visit with him..hes a very kind man with a rish history with the Datsun brand.

Come out & enjoy a day of old school trucks & cars & help us keep the tradition going..

A few pics from last years bbq...

070.jpg

060.jpg

049.jpg

030.jpg

057.jpg

032.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Edz280zx said:

I'm definitely coming back this year. You guys know how to make a guy welcome and I loved meeting you all last year!

Sounds great Ed & thank you.

We enjoy visiting with everybody & you guys make our event a lot of fun 😎

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Edz280zx said:

You guys don't mind if I invite my buddy in his 78 Blazer? He's been my brother from another mother for almost 25 years and I think he'd enjoy the get together.

Ed everyone is welcome with a good attitude.  We want a good peaceful day of Datsuns, any car or truck, barbecue and plenty of stories and technical questions both asked and answered.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Well people we are 6 weeks out as of this Saturday.

I might miss this years barbecue due to nerve burning in my lower back.  I have not gotten the schedule yet.  I will do my best to schedule around it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hopefully, you can make it Charlie. 

I have to see how my wagon does in the heat, but I'm going to try to stop in for an hour or two with the wagon.  It wasn't doing great last time we had a little heat, but I had a fan controller die on me, and thinking the new one might have cured it.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2019 at 8:45 AM, Duncan said:

There is a lot of beaches, but the ocean is pretty scarce..

And 56 degree weather ,, I think I would have to hook up a garden hose to spray me on top of head for at least the first few years. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bananahamuck said:

Maybe Red and me could buy adjoining properties take turns aiming our sprinklers at each other's houses, 

Don't say that to My Big.  He'd think it was a sword fight...

I worked for Fender Musical Instruments for quite a few years and they moved their HQ to Scottsdale / Phoenix area.  They kept trying to get me to move there.  Finally, they said move or take a big demotion to stay here.  We parted ways on good terms.  I just didn't want to move because of the weather.  My friends that had made the move took a slight cut in pay, but they said the offset in utilities negated the lower cost of living.   Other than that, I used to spend about one week per month there and like the area..

• Like 4