Jump to content
alexg89

KA with sidedrafts

Recommended Posts

You can probably leave the air correctors alone..... usually they effect high speed operation... mostly when going wot... 

So if you were going lean at wot and high on the rpms you would want a smaller air corrector...

 

How did the f2 emulsion tubes changes things?

Can you possibly describe?

 

I went from f11 to f8 tubes and it tightened up my high rpm readings.... 

Once I get on the main circuit I stay pretty stable.... i had thought about trying the f2 also....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Its kinda hard to explain to be honest.. it just feels smoother when like backing out of my driveway and leaving .. before id put it in gear and drive away and it would hesitate and buck unitl it got past the rough spot and now it dosnt really do that.. i can feel a slight hiccup but nothing like it was 

 

It was still super rich so i stuck the smaller idle jets back in and it messed it all up so im gonna stick the 65s back in and see what i can make happen

 

I think with a larger air corrector tho it may help.. Not sure but im gonna buy the main and idle jet kit i think and start messing with them 

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

Its kinda hard to explain to be honest.. it just feels smoother when like backing out of my driveway and leaving .. before id put it in gear and drive away and it would hesitate and buck unitl it got past the rough spot and now it dosnt really do that.. i can feel a slight hiccup but nothing like it was 

 

It was still super rich so i stuck the smaller idle jets back in and it messed it all up so im gonna stick the 65s back in and see what i can make happen

 

I think with a larger air corrector tho it may help.. Not sure but im gonna buy the main and idle jet kit i think and start messing with them 

 

Ya I know what you mean about trying to describ things..... 

All you can do is experiment once your close.... at least it sounds like it's more driveable.... 

It drives me crazy because I'll make a change i think will help and it will but then it throws something else off..... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On my lunch i put the 65s back in and put the idle circuits back to where i had them .. its deff more driver friendly now and dosnt buck while going down the road between 30-45..i can actually enjoy it

 

When i go to a nice long straight away i floored it 1st through top of 3rd and the wideband was a 9 the entire time except between shifts when i let off

so i think the larger air corrector may help with that 

Not sure though casuse well i dont know what im doing lol 

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

Its kinda hard to explain to be honest.. it just feels smoother when like backing out of my driveway and leaving .. before id put it in gear and drive away and it would hesitate and buck unitl it got past the rough spot and now it dosnt really do that.. i can feel a slight hiccup but nothing like it was 

 

It was still super rich so i stuck the smaller idle jets back in and it messed it all up so im gonna stick the 65s back in and see what i can make happen

 

I think with a larger air corrector tho it may help.. Not sure but im gonna buy the main and idle jet kit i think and start messing with them 

Does it get better or worse when you lean into the throttle? Does it get better or worse if you stomp on the gas pedal?

 

One easy trick is to gradually pull on the choke (when things are acting up). If it starts to run worse when the choke is pulled, then you know you don't need more fuel.

 

It is very hard to know the difference between how all the various jets, nozzles, pumps and venturis affect the driving. Sometimes an adjustment to the accelerator pump or pump nozzle fixes what seems like a jetting issue.

 

Have you been paying attention to how the spark plugs look?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Have you been paying attention to how the spark plugs look?

I have not to be honest.. i put the new plugs in weeks ago and have just been trying to get it to run 

 

i have a new set on the bench i need to put in and start over again with watching the colors of them 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, alexg89 said:

On my lunch i put the 65s back in and put the idle circuits back to where i had them .. its deff more driver friendly now and dosnt buck while going down the road between 30-45..i can actually enjoy it

 

When i go to a nice long straight away i floored it 1st through top of 3rd and the wideband was a 9 the entire time except between shifts when i let off

so i think the larger air corrector may help with that 

Not sure though casuse well i dont know what im doing lol 

Well most of the time whether you realize it or not your running on the idle/progressive circuit.....

 

The air corrector will only correct the top end but the main will reduce the whole circuit ( only taking about main/air corrector)

I still think you need to lean out that main jet.... 

If it started off good as you got on the main jets and then it went rich then I would agree go bigger on the air corrector.... you may still need to but I still think you should go after the main first....

What are you currently running for a main and air corrector?

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

What are you currently running for a main and air corrector?

 

When i got them this is what came in them 

  MAIN             A/C                     IDLE         E/T             PUMP   BYPASS    CHOKE 
 145-145        155-155       F855-F855   F16-F16        45-45      40              36-36

 

What i currently have in them is this 

MAIN             A/C                        IDLE         E/T            PUMP   BYPASS    CHOKE 
145-145        155-155        F865-F865     F2-F2          45-45        0               36-36

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually about 2 3/4 turns out on my air/fuel screw....I am running a leaner idle and main jet now and I feel I'm getting closer.....

I was surprised how much the idle jet didnt effect my idle as much as it effected my cruising on part throttle, which is what its supposed to do I guess..... 

 

I did some plug checks and it seemed to follow what my air/fuel was telling me so you should be ok.... but it cant hurt to pull them and check..... 

Ideally while out for a cruise get a steady reading on the gauge, kill the motor and see if the plugs agree .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Crashtd420 said:

I'm actually about 2 3/4 turns out on my air/fuel screw....I am running a leaner idle and main jet now and I feel I'm getting closer.....

With the 65f8s in mine im runing between 3 and 3.5 turns out between all 4 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, alexg89 said:

With the 65f8s in mine im runing between 3 and 3.5 turns out between all 4 

What's your air/fuel at idle?

 

And usually I've seen a larger separation between mains and air correctors.... about 50....

Currently I have 125 mains and a 180 air corrector....

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Crashtd420 said:

What's your air/fuel at idle?

 

And usually I've seen a larger separation between mains and air correctors.... about 50....

Currently I have 125 mains and a 180 air corrector....

as soon as i fire it up it lingers around 12ish and 10 seconds later its on 9 lol  and if i try to adjust the screws in it starts fumbling around and missing 

Edited by alexg89

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

as soon as i fire it up it lingers around 12ish and 10 seconds later its on 9 lol  and if i try to adjust the screws in it starts fumbling around and missing 

 

I'm almost more confused now than I was with my own setup.....

 

You are definitely rich all over.....

 

I know messing with the air fuel makes it stubble , but maybe you need to lean it out then bring the idle up some.....

 

I dont use a choke but I have to keep the idle up a bit during start up or I'll be up around 15 to 16..... once its warmed up it drops and hangs around 12.5 to 13...

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Crashtd420 said:

I dont use a choke but I have to keep the idle up a bit during start up or I'll be up around 15 to 16..... once its warmed up it drops and hangs around 12.5 to 13...

i dont use the choke when starting up just gotta pump the gas one time .. the choke size i listed is the venturi size i  believe 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

i dont use the choke when starting up just gotta pump the gas one time .. the choke size i listed is the venturi size i  believe 

Yes that would have been the venturi size....

I do the same pump the gas and light the fire....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, I'm not pimpim this, but, it puts all into perspective. Yeah, your AC jets are probably wrong. That probably jacks everything else up. Just chasing your tale.

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/product_p/98.1517.05.htm

 

Best money I ever spent to save me money!

 

Edited by docbainey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, docbainey said:

Best money I ever spent to save me money!

 

Got one on the way.. Cant hurt to have more information at hand 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Went home on lunch and got the truck

heres a little video of the super rich, slow, not exciting, blubbery pull 

 

Share this post


Link to post

You know.... 9 may be as low as the gauge can measure. Probably in the 8s.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

Yah i would agree with you 

Have you looked at your plugs?

See if they tell you the same thing.... they should be wet at that air/fuel ratio if they look good I would recalibrate your gauge and see what you get for reading...

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Crashtd420 said:

Have you looked at your plugs?

See if they tell you the same thing.... they should be wet at that air/fuel ratio if they look good I would recalibrate your gauge and see what you get for reading...

 

I may have to try that .. i ordered the Mains and air correctors last night so im gonna put them in and then get some plugs.. I know its rich for sure, its not as responsive as it was before 

Share this post


Link to post

so i pulled the number 2 plug last night that the wide band is on and im kinda confused 

How is this thing not pitch black and what is happening lol 

l0WOpY5.jpg

 

LqfPr9q.jpg

Edited by alexg89
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post

Not sure what to say there...... 

Did you run the motor just before pulling it? 

 

Maybe do a recalibration on your gauge.... with mine I had to expose the o2 sensor to open air and power it up to calibrate then reinstall into exhaust....

Share this post


Link to post

No it had been sitting all day and i just decided to pull it out .. ill try a re calibration on it and see what the scoop is .. but it dosnt explain why its so sluggish unless the timing is playing a factor finally .. I still have the jets coming and should be here Saturday so im deff gonna mess around with it 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.