KA with sidedrafts

alexg89

1 minute ago, Crashtd420 said:

#48 is the vacuum port.. 

#71 is the throttle plate inspection port... has 3 small holes under it...

Where should the blade be compared to the 3 holes.. thats one thing i dont understand .. and as for the vacuum port i dont have nipples on them just the stock bolts i guess

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I missed this, but where is the O2 sensor located? To the rear of the collector?

o2 is in the stock location on the number 2 header pipe  .. i understand its supposed to be after the collector but i dont have access to a welder at the moment.. 

1 minute ago, alexg89 said:

Where should the blade be compared to the 3 holes.. thats one thing i dont understand .. and as for the vacuum port i dont have nipples on them just the stock bolts i guess

Ya they are sealed  ... I had a vacuum gauge for motorcycle carbs and had the nipples with it....

2 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

o2 is in the stock location on the number 2 header pipe  .. i understand its supposed to be after the collector but i dont have access to a welder at the moment.. 

Oh well that might matter on your readings.... so are you only reading 1 cylinder?

They sell things like this...

Screenshot-20190516-104821-Amazon-Shoppi

8 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

I'll have to find the info I have that explains the 3 holes better....  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Oh well that might matter on your readings.... so are you only reading 1 cylinder?

im eventually gonna have it welded in down low but i should be able to base adjustments off of one for the moment

5 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

The initial plan was to buy a dual Wideband so i could read of number 2 and then read after the collector but i dont have 320 bucks for a dual wide band lol 

Dual would only really be needed if running a catalytic converter... 1st sets air fuel, 2nd reads if the catalytic converter is doing its job.... you really just need to one correctly reading all 4 cylinders.  

2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Dual would only really be needed if running a catalytic converter... 1st sets air fuel, 2nd reads if the catalytic converter is doing its job.... you really just need to one correctly reading all 4 cylinders.  

Oh and i completely understand that but my look out on it was to monitor 1 cylinder and make sure its correct all over the board and then i can make adjustments accordingly to each and monitor all of them  on 1 .. at least thats how i looked at it for this situation 

Ok.... 

When and how is the lean issue happening?

Rpm, or certain throttle positions?

If you give a little more throttle does it go away?

Maybe try increasing the idle speed.... 

And looking for the throttle blade through the first progression hole.... 

2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Ok.... 

When and how is the lean issue happening?

Rpm, or certain throttle positions?

If you give a little more throttle does it go away?

Maybe try increasing the idle speed.... 

And looking for the throttle blade through the first progression hole.... 

The lean issue happens from idle to part throttle.. The Transition circuit 

900-1500ish  but it will happen between 1600-3000 if im trying to cruise down the road at 40mph being im still at partial throttle

if i give it more gas it takes a second and stumbles but then goes away 

And when i look through the progression holes i do not see the blade at all .. not sure if its a lighting issue but i even pressed the throttle and i didnt see anything 

22 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Well your problem is definitely related to part throttle operation....

Maybe take the air filters off and shine some light in that way... and see if you can see through those holes.... 

Theres another thing i guess i should have mentioned.. I have yet to put any filters on it.. As soon as i put filters on .. it dosnt want to run correctly at all 

Well I agree you wanna have the air filters on while tuning....

Have you had them on since you added the wideband o2?

Maybe get it warmed up and then put the filters on and see what you get for readings then.... I figure If you had problems with the filters on a warm engine might give you a better chance to put the filters back on to be able to test.

11 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Well I agree you wanna have the air filters on while tuning....

Have you had them on since you added the wideband o2?

Maybe get it warmed up and then put the filters on and see what you get for readings then.... I figure If you had problems with the filters on a warm engine might give you a better chance to put the filters back on to be able to test.

I can try that .. maybe ill do that tonight when i get home 

• Like 1
On 5/16/2019 at 11:09 AM, Crashtd420 said:

Screenshot-20190516-105921-Chrome.jpg

SO

Tried to adjust mine to this over the weekend.. not happening .. 

Idles way to high.. even pulled alot of the timing out of it to counter it and maybe fix that issue .. DIdnt happen

So instead i put everything back to where it was and went to the next size up again on idle jet.. Wideband stays at a solid 9

pulled the timing down to about 18degrees.. still no filters.. idk what the hell im gonna do .. Transition isnt as bad since i masked it with the idle jet but this thing is just pig F***ing rich 

Wish someone was in central fl i could go to that could help me lol 

1 minute ago, alexg89 said:

Wish someone was in central fl i could go to that could help me lol 

That was my problem too... if I had a Holley carburetor everyone would help me..... 

Also watch out i thought I read somewhere that some air fuel gauges may not display below 9..... 

Quick question,  I'm sure it was brought up before but I can't remember....

What's your fuel pressure?

2 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

That was my problem too... if I had a Holley carburetor everyone would help me..... 

Also watch out i thought I read somewhere that some air fuel gauges may not display below 9..... 

Quick question,  I'm sure it was brought up before but I can't remember....

What's your fuel pressure?

Ive got fuel pressure at about 3lbs 

19 minutes ago, john510 said:

If the timing isn't right how can you get an accurate reading on jetting ? 

I still kind of agree with this .... 

I recently dropped my timing about 3 degrees,  and it made little difference to my air/fuel but made big improvements about how it runs....

I was getting random misfires and an occasional carb fart.... and now it's even easier to restart.... I am a little different because my L is sitting at 10.7 to 1 cr....

The point is I caused myself problems by increasing my timing.....

Maybe you wanna revisit that a bit more

And then go back to the jetting...

Do you have a smaller pump jet?

I noticed when I installed my zero drain back it richened things up so I went from a 60 to a 50.... 

Might be a good idea to get the o2 moved to read all 4 cylinders also....

• Like 1