$35,000K Datsun?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$15K............ Cdn:D Hidious box flairs, doesn't even look like a 510.

Kind of pointless having an inter cooler when the air filters are right behind the rad anyway.

Dropping that to $10K. On a second look that looks like a 2.8 Chev intake, I assumed it was a 4.3 motor. The 2.8 was junk. The turbos will make it junk 4X faster.

Edited by datzenmike

wow that car has history, I have that car on a vhs video that Bryan Feldman had copied for me about 1987 and Turbo Tom had built that car for a wealthy atlanta guy that had porsche/ferarri cars and wanted a "toy" to play with, money was no object with this one and it showed, seemed like everything was a custom one off for that car, I see it as a time piece for 510 heads, sure its not everyones taste but I like hotrods too and always dig on cars that are just plain bad ass, kinda gets boring when you see the same thing over and over again, begins to be a joke when you see the same swap done and again and again, maybe someone put an ecotec in a datsun , sure its GM crap but its damn good crap and there are boat loads of those now-lot cheaper than a F20C/F22c swap LOL

conrad

wow that car has history, I have that car on a vhs video that Bryan Feldman had copied for me about 1987 and Turbo Tom had built that car for a wealthy atlanta guy that had porsche/ferarri cars and wanted a "toy" to play with, money was no object with this one and it showed, seemed like everything was a custom one off for that car, I see it as a time piece for 510 heads, sure its not everyones taste but I like hotrods too and always dig on cars that are just plain bad ass, kinda gets boring when you see the same thing over and over again, begins to be a joke when you see the same swap done and again and again, maybe someone put an ecotec in a datsun , sure its GM crap but its damn good crap and there are boat loads of those now-lot cheaper than a F20C/F22c swap LOL

conrad

Aw.... you're right. It is different and the work is fine. I would prefer the 4.3 but I still hate box flairs.

I've always liked that car, simply because it's so wrong (and that makes it so right!) If I remember correctly, Turbo Tom built that car, and Bryan used to work for Tom around that time, and then Bryan pursued the car years later because the rich guy (who had Tom build the car) left the car outside to rot. Bryan re-acquired the car, resurrected it, improved/updated many of aspects about the car (better turbos, better EFI computer, etc...), and as the car is shown in those pictures, it's sort of a Tom then Bryan (then the next guy?) fabrication.

It's funny to see the survivors so many years later. Some stand the test of time, others don't. I think this one has stood the test of time.

I don't know if I would pay $35K for any dime but I do know I love that interior from the carpet, panels, seats, guages. I dig it big time.

Simple.

Classic.

Clean.

well 35k for a datsun...

Is it so special for a 510? Can you find a minimal rust 510 for the same price and build the same thing for 8k? These are questions you might want to ask yourself.

If it was a built 30's ford, 30k range would be an everyday thing, but its a datsun. Frankly they arent really "mainstream" and the people with money would rather have something else...

Then again someone with money that had a 510 as a teenager might find the car being nostalgic and decide he needs it...

still my personal opinion 35k is a bit much since there is a lack of interest. If the interest was there most of us wouldnt be datsun owners...

All and all I like the car, The widebody flares or whatever you want to call them look good on the car, and I hope the dude can get his money's worth, but the datsun lovers crowd is far less than the other "muscle/hot-rod guys" fetching that kind of cash will probably take awhile on the sale block.

granted this is all my opinion...

So this is what I would rather get, if I would spend $35 K:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/925548649.html

Damn straight ... i know where my $35k would go ! ! ;)

And i rekon $35k may just get one of these imported over (if there are any still around)

Day3jpg3-1.jpg

Day3jpg4-1.jpg

But still i like the 510 ...

Edited by SUN520

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.