Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day! Way cool to be able to drive this little rig finally! Holy crap!!! So cool Bob! Oh..and Bart...thanks for the great hospitality. Sweet shop man..lookin forward to seeing it more, and more...;)

Bobs1.jpg

The trip down to Streamline was sweet! Very cool to see the looks on peoples faces just knowing that two little Datsuns were passing everyone...:) Even the guy at the shop seemed pretty impressed Bob...thats a guy that sees some really cool rods, and he was lovin it!

I got started on the body work. You know how it goes, over the years someone has a need to drill a hole here and there for one reason or another. I had 10 holes drilled in my drivers door alone! First I cleaned and welded the holes shut. Then I put a little body filler over them to smooth it up. The truck will still go over to my buddy Rick at Black & White Auto Body for the final prep and paint, I'm just trying to help out a little.

Drivers door . . . (The one hole is for my new mirror)

MX52012-30-09001.jpg

MX52012-30-09002.jpg

MX52012-30-09004.jpg

I'm going to take a few days off the forum. This no picture thing has me frustrated.

90% of the pics in this build are missing and I can't post any new ones. I wonder if you will get to see the finish of the MX520?

I out.

Bob

• Like 1

I'm going to take a few days off the forum. This no picture thing has me frustrated.

90% of the pics in this build are missing and I can't post any new ones. I wonder if you will get to see the finish of the MX520?

I out.

Bob

We can't have you taking time off from Ratsun Bob! No way man your thread is too important!! Took about 45 min but I fixed all of your pics one at a time. For some reason many of your images were double tagged. They had two extra tags per image. But not all of them.

If I had to guess it would be that sometimes you are copying the tag from Photobucket that has at the beginning and end and then using the image attacher here on the forum which add tags too. So you have an extra pair. When you copy the tag w/ from P Bucket, you just have to paste it in youw text window w/o using the image attacher.

Maybe the old forum didn't mind the extra tags?

Anyway KEEP ON POSTING!!!

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

We can't have you taking time off from Ratsun Bob! No way man your thread is too important!! Took about 45 min but I fixed all of your pics one at a time. For some reason many of your images were double tagged. They had two extra tags per image. But not all of them.

If I had to guess it would be that sometimes you are copying the tag from Photobucket that has at the beginning and end and then using the image attacher here on the forum which add tags too. So you have an extra pair. When you copy the tag w/ from P Bucket, you just have to paste it in youw text window w/o using the image attacher.

Maybe the old forum didn't mind the extra tags?

Anyway KEEP ON POSTING!!!

:thumbup:

Thats awesome you did this fisch

Hey Bob all your pictures were fixed by Fisch, that is so cool that Fisch did this for all of us. We can not stand you not being here for a few days, post away Bob and Happy New Year!

Fisch Thank you for doing this for Bob and us and thank you for post what was going on it helped me to fix the pictures in my build thread. Happy New Year Fisch!

• Like 1

Thanks Fisch!

I got my bumper mounted and I must say this is becoming one sexy looking truck!

MX52012-30-09007.jpg

MX52012-30-09009.jpg

MX52012-30-09013.jpg

I installed an aluminum radiator, also note that I've welded up all of the holes in my fenders!

MX52012-30-09014.jpg

• Like 1

Bob,

Nice job on the lip. Gives the truck that pissed off look.

I had to go back thru this thread and play catch up. Man I've said it before Bob your my hero. When I saw you on speed at the runoff's That was pretty cool. But to see that little beast on the track was just awesom. Thanks.

If you go to canby this year and run the autoX I allready feel sorry for any body that runs that day.

If you ever make it to so cal to race Let me know I'll be there.