Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Twin Weber 40 DCOE length

Hey, I have a 1979 Datsun 620 with the l20b in it. I want to run the twin Weber 40 DCOE carbs, but I need to know the length from the runners to the end of the stacks so I can make sure I have clearance with my brake booster. If it’s close it’s fine I’ll just put screen filters on it. I’d appreciate the response if anyone has those measurements! 

You really need air horns to make the flow more efficient. hen you get your numbers try to fit them in also. On the 510 the rear horn may need a notch but this may be with the brake booster. The 620s all had boosters which moves the master outward. The good news is the bleeders may be pointing away from the engine.

mikuni had a short lenght intake manifold. I have one on my 510 and it clears with the K&N airfilters.

One can use the Airfilter socks if needing a tite fit.

assume a 79 is brake boosted

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Mikuni short manifold:

DSC07957.jpg

Mike is right... to get best power use air horns (aka Velocity stacks).  However, many don't use them with acceptable results.  Alfa Romeo fitted dual sidedraft webers without them from the factory...

Mine:

oifDXAK.jpg

This is what the inside of the air box looks like:

Alfa-Romeo-DCOE-WEBER-AIR-INTAKE-PLENUM-

My Pierce 50 DCOE setup installed is 10" overall, 8" exactly to the face of the carb minus velocity stacks.

I removed the power booster and installed a larger master cylinder to accommodate.  

Edited by distributorguy