Bugeye's 72 PL-521

Bugeye

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, did some more work cleaning out the engine compartment, and what i was afraid of finding I found, the rats chewed through the entire wiring harness, after doing some searching for some new harnesses, i am going to end up buying the EZwiring 12 circuit harness, I know that there is gonna be more than enough circuits and plus it will make it a little eaiser since I have decided I am gonna go with the KA swap in the truck

:eek:

That makes me really glad that mine is not farm fresh anymore...it was at one time:D

Stick with it man...keep up the work. It is so worth it to drive a super cool old truck.:)

Before:

sk8Datsun1006.jpg

After:

DSC00782.jpg

Still needs a few little things, but well worth the time!:cool:

>

Have fun!

woo hoo you must thank Ratouitouie for the upgrade then:D

mental note: you must buy 17" titan wheels :D

that and the whole Ricky Bobby "I wanna go fast" is stuck in my head..:lol:

note to self, distract conrad this weekend and take titan wheels:lol:

on a side note, anybody wanna buy an L16 and a 4 speed...:blink:

Edited by Bugeye
  • 2 weeks later...

So I get a call yesterday from Conrad letting me know there is a 521 sitting in one of my local pull and save yards, him and I head down there this morning and look what I brought home

A new mirror to replace my missing one

the521001-1.jpg

a hood to replace my smashed one, somebody forgot to remove the hood prop and tried to close the hood

the521002-1.jpg

custom smoothed and louver tailgate, somebody put some time into this, its a factory tailgate and looks real nice

the521003-1.jpg

And a non smashed grill

the521004-1.jpg

If all goes to plan, on the 6th of December (hoping the truck is still out there) I am going to go back and get the cab. I really dont want to hack up a good cab to fix mine, so I will just swap them out. Whoever owned this truck before the wrecking yard put some time and work into it, its a shame to see it sitting the way it is now, but now i have the parts i needed.

In regards to the EZ wiring harness', I have one from EZ-2-Wire. Bought it on ebay. I've installed it into my 510. It's *very* easy to install. The only tricky parts are deciding how to seperate the different "strands" out. Ya know, which ones do you want to run into the engine bay, which ones to the tail, and so forth. Just takes a few hours to get things the way you want it.

ok, i was sitting in class today trying to figure out where i am going to mount the ecu for the KA, I know most people mount them under the dash, and others in the glove box, but I forgot about a little thing i had in the truck, and i wasn't even sure it was stock untill i was looking at the factory service manual, the speaker box, for the sake of looking original I was going to leave the stock radio and speaker in there, so I think this will work out perfect. what do you guys think

In regards to the EZ wiring harness', I have one from EZ-2-Wire. Bought it on ebay. I've installed it into my 510. It's *very* easy to install. The only tricky parts are deciding how to seperate the different "strands" out. Ya know, which ones do you want to run into the engine bay, which ones to the tail, and so forth. Just takes a few hours to get things the way you want it.

Who makes that EZ wiring harness? I looked on ebay and found some universals, but is there one made specifically for Datsuns? 12 circuit? 21 circuit?

Edited by Rubberman
Who makes that EZ wiring harness? I looked on ebay and found some universals, but is there one made specifically for Datsuns? 12 circuit? 21 circuit?

there are no datsun specific harnesses, they are just universals

depends on how many circuits you want to run, Im getting the 12 circuit mini fuse, heres there web site http://www.ezwiring.com/. the only reason im going with the mini fuse is because its almost the same size as stock but with more circuits

I'm working on a 620, but I guess no real difference on which one to get. Are you getting it because of issues in your wireing or just to upgrade and then not have to worry about any issues. I guess with the new harness one can run a higher amp altenator, plus helps out with stereo, amp. etc. I probably don't really need it, but I don't care about the time or money if it's worth the upgrade.???

Looking good!

Are you still going out to get the cab?

if its still there on the 6th yeah.....on a side note, the rear end is in the hot tank at the shop, cant wait to see how clean it gets on monday

Edited by Bugeye

Dude I like all the pics, its cool seeing all the guys too, its nice to see some of the guys working on all the cars on the board. I also noticed the 510 hubcap, how many datto's did that guy have?

I always mount the ECU under the seat, plenty of room and the wires are long enough without having to add length.

went to pick and pull today because i was bored, found 3 240sx's out there, 2 the engine harness were hacked and ecu missing, not to mention the drift kids beat me to them...they tore the damn motors apart in the car and took what they wanted. the third one i found out there was smacked on the side pretty hard, had an intact harness and the ecu, but a lot of stuff was missing off the engine, but Im now one step closer to my ka

521KAECUandHarness002.jpg

521KAECUandHarness001.jpg:D

Time to start removing the unnecessary wiring from the harness, at least now I have something to do!

• 2 weeks later...

i started taking the front of the truck apart to see how bad it was damaged....this is what I found

newcab001.jpg

newcab002.jpg

newcab003.jpg

so instead of cutting up 2 trucks this is what I got

newcab004.jpg

newcab005.jpg

newcab006.jpg

newcab007.jpg

newcab008.jpg

newcab009.jpg

Conrad met up with me at teh local pick and pull, needless to say after today they have lost a customer, if i didnt love this truck as much as I do, I would have walked away from it, the only problems with this cab is the drivers floor board is rotted away, no big deal, I will use the floor from my org. cab and the battery ate away some of the inner fender, again, i can use some metal from the org. cab.. now all i need to do is order some por15 for when i get the truck apart so i can do the frame