Bugeye's 72 PL-521

Bugeye

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

charging me for shit that is not removable, like the inner fenders and core support, then them not having seperate prices posted for those parts, long story i really dont want to get into

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I still dont have a spot cleaned out in the shop yet for the truck, but i did manage to get a some space so I can start rebuilding my rearend. This one came out of a 74 620, I took it to school and hot tanked it over the thanksgiving break, today I went down to the welding supply store to get some 3m discs so i can remove what the hot tank didnt....(plus I'm a dumbass and left it out in the rain :mad:) anyways, I'm doing this in sections, down to bare metal then throwing on the etching primer, then the high build primer, then the final color coat of Jet Black...

here it is in its full frame shot....only half done with the etching primer

rearend001.jpg

heres the side with the etching primer (I think its gonna turn out bitching)

rearend002.jpg

The Side I still have to do (paint in the cold takes a little longer to set up :mad:)

rearend003.jpg

and just the ass end shot

rearend004.jpg

I am thinking about painting the pumpkin the body color of performance red, what do you guys think? the drive shaft will still be black. After I get the rear end in primer, I'm gonna take apart the leaf springs and paint them....should give me something to do until school starts back up in Jan.:lol:

damn, after all this prep work to get it ready for paint and now I start thinking to myself "wonder what it would look like with the factory welds smoothed out?" damn damn damn, guess its something to try on the old axle when I take it out :lol:

managed to get 2 coats of paint on the axle housing....gonna have to wait till tomorrow to throw on the clear, its getting cold and I need to let the black flash off anyway heres some pics

rearend008.jpg

rearend009.jpg

rearend010.jpg

for the frame and suspension componets I am using premixed duplicolor Jet black. you can get it at autozone. The clear coat will help protect the paint, kinda like an armor if you will, and make it shiney :lol:

for the frame and suspension componets I am using premixed duplicolor Jet black. you can get it at autozone. The clear coat will help protect the paint, kinda like an armor if you will, and make it shiney :lol:

Thats what I'm using exactly. I just got thru doing my gas tank. That stuff is good. But, I haven't thought about clear coating. I'll have to look into that.

got the third member painted, but Im not gonna post the pics of it until i clear it, its not bright enough yet...I think the color of the truck is gonna be bitching just by the way the paint looked in the can.

this is awsome! its too bad they painted it we could have been twins mine is also maroon

ps respray it maroon when its done its a sexy color!

naw, its gonna be performance red when its done

• 6 months later...

well, since I bought a new toy (a welder) I think I am gonna get back to work on her, the Vr4 is starting to piss me off. I am going to end up welding the tailgate to the bed, filling the seams, and adding a roll pan....I am still at a loss if I am going to static drop the truck or bag it...and I still havent decided If I am going to use an L series or a KA, only time will tell, I still need to replace the floor in the donor cab...way too much to do, but I am looking forward to getting back on this project.

if you're already planning on completely shaving the tailgate you might as well bag it. you're losing the majority of the use of the bed (not that it won't look awesome) so why not do a nice rear setup?

lovin the gold paint, i'm sure it'll look great whatever color you do (red?).

i'm glad you're goin with the ezwire 12 circuit (that's the one i wanna get) cause now i'll see how it goes in. :D