Bugeye's 72 PL-521

Bugeye

Thanks to a lead from a fellow ratsun member and my cousin, I was able to pick up my newest project, a 72 pl-521 this was fun to get on the trailer, it was sunk in the hills almost up to the front bumper, but she is home and she is safe and sound...and I got a hell of a deal on it. Anyways, I know you guys like pictures, but at this moment they are uploading to photobucket...so those will be here soon, and there are 36 of them:lol:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:drool: looks like a nice find, cant tell if it was originally gold, purple or red .

so whats the story on it like how did you find it way out there in the boonies, whats the plans for it

and

how much denero did you shill out.

I also just found a red 72 L16 and talk to the guy saturday for 300 firm, going after it this week.

thank s for sharing the pics, looking forward to hear whats your plans. :cool:

well, conrad found it, he was buying some parts from the guy that i got it from, the original color appears to be a maroon color, She only cost me $200, and I had to fill my cousins truck up so another $65. As far as my plan for her, Im not yet sure...Im thinking of stuffing an L20 in her, but conrad is trying to get me to go KA with it. body is pretty much gonna be blasted down to bare metal and start from the frame up...im in no hurry to get her done, I have been wanting a 521 for a long time, and coulnd pass this up

donnie,

man that sure was fun dragging her from mother earth seemed liked it was one with the fertil earth LOL...

too bad the guy wanted too much for the roadster fenders and hood, $250 too much, anyone in the norcal area got late roadster fenders for sale?

sorry back to the regular programming...

donnie,

man that sure was fun dragging her from mother earth seemed liked it was one with the fertil earth LOL...

too bad the guy wanted too much for the roadster fenders and hood, $250 too much, anyone in the norcal area got late roadster fenders for sale?

sorry back to the regular programming...

no kidding right, thanks for pointing me in her direction, i cant wait to start working on her.....dont worry, well find you a set of fenders

Interior pix!

took the words right out of my mouth. thief!!:lol: btw mike thanks to you i have got on the freeway twice recently and when i got off i noticed my choke still on.:blink: go figure.:lol:

nice score man. nothing wrong with putting a l20b in there. 521's rock! i noticed something on yours that i've never seen before. the wiper ??? uh wiper um? ok somebody school me on the nomiclature of the wiper part i'm thinking of. the part that holds the blade. it's not the arm's. are they called bows or something. anyway i'd like a closer look at those. i think they are original and am wondering if they have a L or r stamped on the front. i have my originals and they both have a l stamped on them so i'm wondering if i have 2 left sides. i dont know of any place that sells just the refills so people buy the bow/blade replacements and throw the originals away.

i'd like a closer look at those. i think they are original and am wondering if they have a L or r stamped on the front

I'll get some up close pics of those for you, when i take some pics of the inside

The521037.jpg

The521040.jpg

Dat521, I was looking at the wiper assembly this morning, the pass side is stamped with an L and the driver side doesnt have a stamp at all...I will get some pics of the inside when I get it cleaned out

that thing is awesome!!!! Can't wait to see the build. If you want to part with the parcel tray let me know... :)

even though the parcel tray is fucked....i think i can still use it as a mold to make a fiberglass one....thanks guys, it was was a busy day cleaning the truck out...the more i look at it the more i think im going to pull the thing down to the frame

now you have another datto to drive when the smog monster rears its ugly head lol

and is it me or does the carpet (or whats left of it) look like 70s shag :D

oh yes, its shag, and i dont have to worry about the smog monster..;) sometimes it pays to go to school to be a smog tech:lol: plus my 620 passes with flying colors everytime

yeah but its a pain in the ass to have to deal with it its just nicer when the vehicle is smog exempt

thats why i went looking for the 521, plus i have always wanted one, and since i had the extra cash i wasnt gonna pass this one up, ive seen worse for more