I just want to send it somewhere....

Satdun027

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See Cody's post #18. Yes, that's what I'm saying. Unless the vehicle is pre 1976, they all have to pass.

That does suck because of the CA emmissions standards do not visibly help the air quality.

Thank you for clearing that up.  I love CA and its varied population but the emission laws suck.

• Like 1

I live here and I don't love it, but my wife will never leave CA so I'm stuck. And a lot of my customers are here, so even if I did live in another state, my CA customer base would necessitate me playing by CA rules. Enough about my problems.

If every sate had a "pass-the-pipe" test, that would be the best possible scenario for the builders and owners of these cars and trucks, but the politicians and lobbyists wouldn't get their cut, so it will never happen.

SEMA helps a lot, but as they grow, I wonder if they are becoming part of the problem, as they need to justify their existence.

• Like 2

That does suck because of the CA emmissions standards do not visibly help the air quality.

Thank you for clearing that up.  I love CA and its varied population but the emission laws suck.

Yes our emission laws suck but the air is so much cleaner than it was in the 70's.

• Like 2

You guys have noticed that OP hasn't even come back to reply?

Carb must not be that big of a deal, eh!

That seems to be a theme lately. There's some question from a new guy, no details are offered, no pics are posted, questions are not answered, then they disappear without resolution.

• Like 1

That seems to be a theme lately. There's some question from a new guy, no details are offered, no pics are posted, questions are not answered, then they disappear without resolution.

Or their thread got jacked with crap that had nothing to do with his question.

• Like 3

Or question answered and disappears.

Or their thread got jacked with crap that had nothing to do with his question.

This too.

The only carb that will pass is the original one. Save some time and money, get a manual and a $30 rebuild kit, some newspapers, tools and carb cleaner and rebuild it. Try a new 02 sensor.

• Like 1

Some of the late model carbs are so hard to get the right parts for, since there are so many iterations. Then there's the possibility that you miss something or get something wrong during the rebuild. Small orifices get clogged and figuring out how to clear them can take hours.

I would send it out to get rebuilt and spend the time doing other maintenance instead.

• Like 1

It was a few posts about how annoying socal broads are, far from a threadjack. Dude was gone before that even happened, his question was already answered too. Negative points for you too.

• Like 2