i wanted to show you my truck

NATE216

i know its not a datsun but i use to own a 78 kingcab 620 i hated that my dad sold it for $75 to ecology =/ i wish i still had it they are very hard to find but he gave me this 86 12 nissan hardbody when i was 13 and i have been working on it ever since now im 19 i dont have alot of money to put in it but every pay check puts a lil into my project im making it into a prerunner u dont see many of these like that

IMG_0016.jpg

DSC00007-3.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 86.5 was the first new truck after the Datsun name was dropped and replaces the venerable 720. Still rich with Datsun heritage. The head from a '68 510 L16 will still bolt to your Z24i motor which is a direct descendant of the L series.

Nice start. What do you plan to do to the suspension for a prerunner? I have 2 720 and both have both nissan and datsun on them. One says nissan by datsun and the other says datsun by nissan. Have several friends with trucks like you got. The next generation though just has to much plastic.

Thanks everyone for the replys and welcomes i can tell im goin to like this site :D well a lil about my background and the truck. Im a motocross racer thats right below turning pro and that is where most my money goes but im addicted to my truck everyday i work on it or think about future up grades. So all the work is my own and out of my pocket or stuff laying around the garage:rolleyes: ok specs the wheels are 05 titan steelies, hannemann fiber glass front fenders,autozone off road lights, truck was total by my dad awhile ago so all the front fenders,grill,lights and paint are all my doing, i tightened the torsen bars to lift it another 3 inches, pulled the bed sides, did the interior zebra, new cd player and speakers, it has the z24 its 2wd and 5 speed. Future goals are a total chaos long travel kit with king or fox shocks,4-link rear,either building up the 4 banger with a cam,weber carb,chip,and headers or dumping in a 3.0 v6 (HELP! which would be better?) thats about it other then tint and the light bar im building right now.

im thinking of buying a 90-94 pathfinder and switching the frames and bagging the pathfinder with 2wd and 4 bagger and putting the truck body on the pathfinder frame so i can have 4wd with the bigger v6 and locker what do u think?

natescars.jpg

the interior i did

IMG_0007.jpg

:thumbsup:about the wheels right this second its washers making up the space its ok of me becuz i dont drive it much it isnt taged right now but im going to buy wheel spacers (they have all sizes all the way up to 3 inch) for my truck to make it a lil wider but if you dont want a wider stace(it wouldnt hurt if youre hitting the twisty roads tho) just meassure over and over to make sure ur square :D good luck:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

So i got bored:D and made a light bar for my truck its going to hold 5 8inch off road lights, then im in the process of making a cowl/ram hood for more air flow to the motor, and i just picked up a mig welder so ill be extending my a-arms and maybe 4 linking it in the future. I havent taken pics of the hood or the light bar because theyre still not done :rolleyes:

4 INCHES IN THE FRONT

IMG_0515.jpg

3 INCHES IN THE REAR

IMG_0517.jpg

SITS FINE

IMG_0520.jpg

• 5 years later...

Wow cant believe i found this lol way old school sorry if these replys were wrong or stupid i was 17 just started working on stuff the truck is way different now caged from bumper to bumper and has 16 inches of wheeltravel on 31 inch tires built the whole truck by myself never quit on it it has seen different life forms over the years :)