Ten Datsuns for $1200

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

must be one of paolo's relatives :rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!!!! Good one. At least these aren't moldy, covered in tarps and/or have trees fall on 'em. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. We all love Paolo....and his wiring diagrams. :thumbup:

I stopped by and looked at this about a month ago... You can see the 610 from the road.

The 320 with out the plexiglass windshield is in the best shape out of all the cars. There are three 1200 cars (maybe 4 behind/inside a couple of bushes) without enough straight parts to put one "decent" beater together... although there is a bunch of good trim and little stuff there. They are all rusty, one or two had been rolled and one looks like it got t boned by a dumptruck or a bus... seriously. They were all pretty much complete though.

The 610 has nasty rust issues, a manual transmission and actually a decent white interior for a field car. It has also been hit in the front. Its got the cool 3 light taillights but they look like they got burnt or something. The 510 is rusty has been hit HARD in the front, its an auto I think, it is a 2 door and complete, again, decent interior for a field car... I couldnt open the doors because there were trees growing up the side of it. (same problem with one of the 1200s) The 620 is a POS, it might have a couple of straight panels but was pretty buried/overgrown.

All in all there is some neat stuff in there it is just a shame how badly all of it has been allowed to become one with the earth.

510 is dark blue 2dr with a white interior... if you lived over here long enough ago for a couple of trees to grow 4+ inch diameter around and about 31/2 datsuns tall then it might be your old car.

I left my number on the door one time and I talked to the lady that he is renting to and she left him a message to get ahold of me about them and I never heard anything back. I might be able to go take some pics but Im not going snooping around other peoples property w/o permission.

One positive thing is that supposedly the guy has titles for most of these rigs, but I dont know which ones.:rolleyes:

Ill see what I can do about pics... and then somebody will have to walk me through the stupid "how to post pics" bullshit.

I called the guy 3 times, left messages, and the renter lady wasnt home... Has anyone tried contacting this guy and heard anything back?

It looks like hes moved some stuff around but at least the 610 is still there, I could just barely see the roof of it behind a bunch of shit.

Hes got a couple of 60s Mercs, a 68 chrysler 300, and an early 60 something International pickup too...

I just got off the phone with Cory and he said that someone at the name of Aaron bought them up... bummer

Cory said that Aaron had plans on fixing some of them up and wasn't sure what else.

I guess pic's are out of the question now. :lol:

My wife is a happier woman now. ha ha

I live on the lower south hill about a couple blocks up from tweakerville just off of maple and ash. My mom lives up on the northside and I was helping her get rid of all the damn leaves...

Do you have that dime with the old school hurricanes down by the freeway?

These are out in Morgan Acres, Is there another datto graveyard out there too?

Mike - I'm glad you posted info on the condition. Too bad the cars are so far gone, but at least I can resist them. I can't help wondering if they are all destined for the crusher. Maybe they will make it to Pull n Save first (I hope).

I remember a dark blue 2-dr 510 years ago. A guy up in the Mead area did mechanic work out of his garage and the 510 was his wife's daily driver. I should have bought it, but wanted a better one. So I waited many years and bought one that is in worse shape. Oh well. He said he had put various engines in the car, including a Ford Ranger V6. When I looked at it, it had an 1800 with a 32/36 Weber. I remember he sawed out the bar at the top of the core support and welded it back in. It probably was just fine, but I think that is why I didn't buy it. It just looked too bodged.

On the subject of bad condition, someone told me about a rough 1200 in Davenport WA. He has higher standards than I do, so I thought he over-stated how bad it was. But he was right - the manifolds and (maybe) the gauges were about all worth taking. Fenders, hood, trunk, doors - all trashed. Even the roof had been jumped on. Oil cap and dizzy gone and the hood up, so water no doubt got into the crank case. Sad little car.

Len

Figures that they sold...

Im guessing for the price that they are either going to pull and save or getting scrapped. I kind of wondered when I saw homebrew pickup/tow truck with "not for hire" on the door that was parked across the street, but thats not an odd thing for that neighborhood... thinking about it I dont think that these are going to be fixed up if thats the case.

The 510 was bone stock, still had the factory air cleaner and complete white interior. It was probably a nice car before it got hit. When I first heard about them I was hoping to find a webber or some mikunis or something cool, but it was all pretty much stock stuff. Lots of little parts for 1200s but all pretty much parts cars at best. The rolled one had the best body.

It would be cool if whoever bought them does something with at least one of the 320s and makes the 1200 parts available.

I have seen the one down by the freeway that you mentioned i left him a note but its not mine, Right now im living in the apartments atop sunset hill next to the golf course. HEY NEIBOR haha. my dime is at my folks place because my dads streetrod shop is a much better atmosphere to work on it then my non-heated 1 car apt garage.

It looks like Aaron is starting to sell off his treasures:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/915369189.html I wonder if the 610 has rust holes, or just surface rust? (Don't need another car. Must stop looking at CL).

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/915376565.html Would you know this is a 510 just looking at the pic, if he hadn't labeled it?

Len

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.