Canby 2007 (56k beware)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a few 620 dudes, they said the would have entered but they thought there trucks weren't nice enough... I expained that the reason to enter is to get the truck section to grow :)

In my personal opinion I think that they should just lower the entry fee to around $15 and let all come and park and compete. I hit shows all year for $10 to $20 and all welcome. The shows are starting to get a bit expensive. Dont get me wrong I know it cost to rent the facilty and insurance etc. But if you lower the fee a bit I bt you get alot more people coming...For example Lynchfourtwenty...I am sure he would have made it if it was 1/2 the price. But hell who am I...it is just my thoughts...:D

In my personal opinion I think that they should just lower the entry fee to around $15 and let all come and park and compete. I hit shows all year for $10 to $20 and all welcome. The shows are starting to get a bit expensive. Dont get me wrong I know it cost to rent the facilty and insurance etc. But if you lower the fee a bit I bt you get alot more people coming...For example Lynchfourtwenty...I am sure he would have made it if it was 1/2 the price. But hell who am I...it is just my thoughts...:D

Is $5 not cheap enough to join in on the fun? Lynch would have showed up for $2.50? :)

Most guys with show cars who are gunning for awards have spent thousands of dollars and/or hours on their cars, so $30 is pretty reasonable for a two day event. Also club members get a $5 discount.

FYI, that $30 entry doesn't even cover the cost of an award.

Stay tuned though, we may be able to lower the fees a bit next year. We try hard to budget everything out to break even. We want as many cars as possible in the show, and we have the room for plenty. However, if we run out of money, or go into debt, there will be no Canby the next year.

i showed up saturday and paid the $5 to "show'er off" the only got a few pics of my own rig.. accidently made a couple few second videos tho.. lol if i had the gas money i'd have been there sunday for sure.. but yea if the "compitition" part was $15 instead of $30 i may have been able to compete.. well theres always next year.. maybe blue lake if i got the cash i'll show'er off