Progress on 85 720 4x4 (Merged threads)

la_leo

That is good information.  I have the sun roof glass and seal down butt have not found the rest of the hardarware.  I tried looking at the pictures on Parts deal but they are not getailed enough to figure out what I am looking for.  I will keep looking.  I have to many parts.  Need to thin it out to a manageagable amount.

Well the way it's going I'll help you thin the supply. Might need a 5 speed transmission depending what is wrong with mine. I can take a picture of the top of my truck, The sunroof flipped up and the wind caught it, shattering it. I was pulling the truck facing away from my f150, backwards on the trailer. I hadn't really looked at the roof to see what the sunroof mounted too. I'll let you know this weekend with a few more pics.

• Like 1
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me the correct part number for the driver side door jamb switch on my 2/85 nissan 720? I pulled it out, it looks like there are three wires on it. I believe it's part # 25360W1000 or DS1578. Can anyone confirm? If anybody has one in good working order let me know!

• Like 1

Here is the 3 wire switch.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smp-ds1578

Thanks for posting that. Rockauto's just changed it's availibilty to "out of sock" on that part.

Hopefully la_leo gets one quick.

Wonder if this would help it last longer.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/driver-side-door/nissan/oem-door-switch-cover-boot-300zx-z32-p-8882.html

25368-6P000DoorSwitchCover-3480.JPG

• Like 1

I believe the three wires are power, ground, and ground for other switch. Probably done this way to allow the room light timer to function. You could pick up any door jamb switch the same size from the junkyard and wire both sides so they ground on their own and the lights will work though.

• Like 1

Good news!!!!! I got her running today. I checked the valve clearance and put everything back together. I cranked and and nothing. After a little diagnosis it was the fuel pump not kicking on. SO WEIRD that it worked just last week!!!! I can't get it to switch on. The fuse is good....but that little fuse block cluster and wiring is GREMLIN filled. For some reason the headlights started working again. Hit the fuse

Box and everything electriCal started working!!! I'll have to do some tracing. But I poured fuel directly in the carb and BAM!!!!! FIRED right up. Ran it long enough to pour in a little antifreeze and water just to last until Wednesday when I can fix the wiring issue (hopefully ) and run it off the fuel pump. Then I'll flush the cooling system. May pull the radiator and have it rodded if I can't get the rust and nasty stuff oUT. LOT of work to do still. Thanks a lot guys.

No clutch safety switches in my 720. I don't think it was mandated til 86. The fuel pump won't run unless the oil pressure light turns off, and I think the battery light as well. So it could be a wiring issue or faulty alternator.

You could try jumping the oil pressure switch plug to ground, that should trick the relay to think that the truck has oil pressure so it'll kick on the pump. Mike is more familiar with this circuit so hopefully he'll chime in. 

• Like 1

There is a fuel pump relay under the passenger side glove box, bolted to the passenger side, not the firewall. It's above/behind the storage tray if you have one. 2x3 inch or so, black, 5 or 6 wires going in to it in a single connector. It should click audibly when you turn the key on. If it doesn't, you can try tapping on it and see if that will free it up.

• Like 1

There is a fuel pump relay under the passenger side glove box, bolted to the passenger side, not the firewall. It's above/behind the storage tray if you have one. 2x3 inch or so, black, 5 or 6 wires going in to it in a single connector. It should click audibly when you turn the key on. If it doesn't, you can try tapping on it and see if that will free it up.

perfect I'll check it out. I had the pump running just last week off of a gas can to test it and it worked just fine. I have the dash pulled out so it'll be cake to check the relay
  • Like 1

Supposedly my truck goes into 5th gear, but pops back out. What would be the odds it would be cheap fix like a bushing? I'm probably going to diagnose it in a couple of weeks if I can get it running this week. 

• Like 1