Progress on 85 720 4x4 (Merged threads)

la_leo

Get a door switch from another 720!!!! Try wrecking yards. Or find one cheap and but for the parts, (fuse box, relays, wiring harness, FP relay etc) You can't buy these things, now.

Fill master reservoir and open bleeder on the slave. Pump all that black shit through and flush it out with fresh brake fluid. Easy and cheap.

You can wire the fuel pump to anything that shuts off with the ignition. The point of the relay is the fuel pump shuts off if the engine stops.... like in an accident... where there may be a fire. This is why there is an alternator and oil pressure input. Oil pressure and alternator input KEEP the pump running. Starter is another input. Pump will pump when starter is engaged. Pump should turn on with the ignition, probably on a timer for XX seconds. If starter not used or engine started it shuts off.

• Like 1
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a door switch from another 720!!!! Try wrecking yards. Or find one cheap and but for the parts, (fuse box, relays, wiring harness, FP relay etc) You can't buy these things, now.

Fill master reservoir and open bleeder on the slave. Pump all that black shit through and flush it out with fresh brake fluid. Easy and cheap.

You can wire the fuel pump to anything that shuts off with the ignition. The point of the relay is the fuel pump shuts off if the engine stops.... like in an accident... where there may be a fire. This is why there is an alternator and oil pressure input. Oil pressure and alternator input KEEP the pump running. Starter is another input. Pump will pump when starter is engaged. Pump should turn on with the ignition, probably on a timer for XX seconds. If starter not used or engine started it shuts off.

pumps been working good. I don't want to run it until I get the power steering line changed. It just soaks everything through the pinhole leak. I'm going to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder, already got them ordered. My clutch has zero pressure. I'll probably rebuild the old ones and keep them.
  • Like 1

any idea what those two wires are under the coolant jug?
  • Like 1

This week I will be doing the following:

Bringing the bed to get new metal welded in. Pressure wash the frame and undercoat it. Replace the gas tank, power steering line, battery, clutch master and slave cylinder, O2 sensor. reset the sensor light, fix a few chewed on wires, and clean in the interior plastic parts. I also need to see whats up with my gauges and fuel pump working intermittently. Hopefully I can actually getting it rolling on it's own power this week!

• Like 1

There was a rubber lime coming off the front chunk just hanging. There is a hard line on the frAme underneath the radiator. The line had nothing attached to it. I assume it's a vacuum hard line. Since I couldn't see any other the the hose hooked too, I attached it to the metal hard line. Any body able to confirm this? Also on the rear axle there is a vent tube on the top on the driver's side. Looks like a vacuum hose goes on it but there is no hose there.

• Like 1

What a day. I fought it, but was able to pull off the power steering pressure hose. The new one looked right, but it just doesn't fit. I looked closer and the bends are definitely off or possibly it got damaged, and might be a little too long. It's for the 85 720 4x4 AC delco part number 36-369650. Can anyone confirm this? I'll probably run it to our hydraulic hose shop and let them look at the old and new. Also a coolant leAK has developed from the new lower hose I put on. It was a cut to fit molded hose. Definitely not fitting like the oem one. But the part number us correct. I re tightened the clamp at the water outlet.

• Like 1