Idiots and cellphones

fucker.jpg

now i have a reason to paint the damn truck, i was parked at my cousins house and his girlfriends exhusband backed into the truck, how the hell do you not see a truck parked, not to mention he was doing 30mph backing talking on the cell phone, time to go get a new tailgate, im waiting on his insurance company now

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn dude. suckage! hopefully they dont try totalling it for that minor of damage. they may due to the age of it and most insurance co's use dealer parts for their estimates. since most of the parts that are needed are still available through nissan they may try.

also why was he doing 30 in reverse??? that is just reckless. what if a kid ran out behind him instead of your truck being there??

Yeah, if you have spent any money improving your truck find your reciepts. As stated above they'll try to junk it for damage for over, what we would consider, very low amounts, not something you want on the title. You may have to negotiate with them and get as much as they're willing to give you without them retiring a clean title.

I will not let them salvage it

Bummer is that you dont always get to make that choice. You can usually buy them back when the insurance salvages them, but you now have a salvaged title..My 620 has a salvage title, I bought it back from the insurance company and collected a check worth over double what i paid for the truck.

Jason

funny thing was after i got his info, i went in the house to get a coke to calm down, and while i was inside they told him he better leave before i come back out and kick his ass...lol

the truck belonged to my cousin and I's grandfather, and they know how much i love the damn thing, anyways, I am heading up to conrad's tomorow to pick up a tail gate, i might not even wait on his insurance and just fix it myself

funny thing was after i got his info, i went in the house to get a coke to calm down, and while i was inside they told him he better leave before i come back out and kick his ass...lol

the truck belonged to my cousin and I's grandfather, and they know how much i love the damn thing, anyways, I am heading up to conrad's tomorow to pick up a tail gate, i might not even wait on his insurance and just fix it myself

Maybe wait until their adjuster looks at it and takes pics?

Damn, hate to hear that... I know I'd freak if anything happened to my truck... it's strange how one ton of metal, plastic, and rubber can have such a meaning on one's life. But, I hope things go well with the insurance company... when mine's ready to be insured I'm not taking any chances. I'm getting an appraisal done and insuring it for that amount.

Damn, hate to hear that... I know I'd freak if anything happened to my truck... it's strange how one ton of metal, plastic, and rubber can have such a meaning on one's life. But, I hope things go well with the insurance company... when mine's ready to be insured I'm not taking any chances. I'm getting an appraisal done and insuring it for that amount.

Yeah, same here. I asked the person in charge of my policy and they couldnt give me a straight answer on the amount I would be compensated for after I swapped in a new motor, paint, etc... worthless.

Maybe we can get Jay Leno to help us out, if he would consider such a thing. Not for one person but for Datsuns/unrecognized classics in general! I've seen some nice datsuns on here get salvaged over a dent or tweakers get a hold of one and then little to nothing gets done in the means of compensation and you now have a salvage title....

At this day and time of financial crisis :sneaky: I'm sure it would be an act of congress to get insurance companies to value a restored datsun... I don't know much about insuring old cars, insurance company policies for old cars and so on, but it seems like everyone that owns a datsun gets bent over even when it's not their fault. I'm ready to sign a petition!:thumbsup:

is there a hands free law? see if you can have him cited for it.

it seems like everyone that owns ...XXXXX.... gets bent over even when it's not their fault.

except a caveman :lol:

ins is a business :fu:and they dont like to lose $$$$. many adjusters are idiots and read off a list of replacemnet items. fine for newer vehicles, but get the same est and tell the shop your paying and see what the differance is (a lot!)

get special ins for a classic vehicle if the value is ever going to be questioned.

my wagon has a salvage title and i can only get liablity for it.

Good news and bad news... Maybe doesn't apply to your situation since you are in Cali though. I had a drunk rear end my wheeler while it was parked, a 78 GMC with one tons and lockers, xover steering, boggers, home built (*say custom fabricated for anything not stock or modded*) bumpers, blah blah blah. It was built to the nuts but there wasn't a straight body panel on it. I had over $10k in the thing. The guy who hit it was in the air and snapped the rear bumper and ripped the spring hanger off the frame.

I had uninsured motorist and my insurance tried to tell me that they were only going going to give me 350 for the truck because it was beat up... Two and a half months of dicking around and I ended up getting 3500. Nothing compared to what I had in it but a hell of a lot better than 350.

Anyways, because the truck was over 25 years old even though they totaled it, bought it off me and I did the buyback bit, the title is still clean. Give your Ins a call and see if this applies, if they dont know (which they probably don't) call the DMV and ask specifics. Again, this was in Wa. and youre in Cali so who knows. I didn't have any sort of classic or ORV insurance either, just uninsured motorist and liability.

Good Luck, and even if they say that they are going to total it KEEP PAYING INSURANCE! I was going to drop it because I couldn't even drive my truck but they would have canceled everything and I wouldn't have gotten a dime.

my wagon has a salvage title and i can only get liablity for it.

weird. must be your insurance company. my GLI was totalled, bought it back and fixed it. full coverage the entire time untill i removed it from my policy due to it needing motor work.

Don't forget! Since 1 September it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle while using a cell phone in California [Thank you Arnie]. "Contributary negligence" at the least, his insurance company owes you big time. Insurance company wanted to scrap me out once. They didn't get away with it. I pulled out my receipts for the parts I had installed within the past year and beat them into a corner. Full price for repairs! If they scrapped it, they owed me the new parts [plus all those I had not yet installed] since they were over and above the depreciated car value and worthless without the car. Adjusters are really dumb, they go out half trained and usually wouldn't know a pickup for a scooter.

Adjusters are really dumb, they go out half trained and usually wouldn't know a pickup for a scooter.

i couldn't agree with you more. a couple years ago i ran over a honda that stopped in front of me without warning. i was in a 95 34 ton Dodge Ram clubcab 4x4. i had new tires, and brand new brakes the day before. my fault for following to close. but on with the story. the adjuster that came out to look at my truck passed it 3 times before asking me where my address was. he then proceded to tell me my truck, that he had already checked the vin # on and looked at, did not exist. he also tried to tell me that my 77 dodge had to be the one he was looking for since the "big rig" look dodges did not come out till 2000. oh and he also had the total paperwork already written out for $2500. at the time the truck RETAILED for almost $10k. i had paid $6800 for it less than a month earlier. his paperwork had it down that my truck was a 95 Ram 1500 SL 2wd standard cab V6 manual with NO options. which was totally wrong and he saw this but still TRIED pushing the $2500 total. also he kept screwing around with the body shop, OKing parts but then calling the supplier and cancelling the orders. we told him that every part that was needed was sitting at teh dealer 3 miles down the road the day he came out to inspect the truck. my wife is good about parts hunting. and he told us BOTH "you dont know anything about body damage, so you wouldn't know a fender from a tail light. with that you wouldn't know what to even begin to call about at the dealer.". we were both in auto body courses in high school. just so happened that 3 months later, EVERY part we had called about from the dealer was on our truck. with the exception of the bumper grilles.

so yeah, adjusters are stupid. i think every adjuster, as part of their training, should spend 6 months at least WORKING in a body shop. then they might know a thing or two.

i couldn't agree with you more. a couple years ago i ran over a honda that stopped in front of me without warning. i was in a 95 34 ton Dodge Ram clubcab 4x4. i had new tires, and brand new brakes the day before. my fault for following to close. but on with the story. the adjuster that came out to look at my truck passed it 3 times before asking me where my address was. he then proceded to tell me my truck, that he had already checked the vin # on and looked at, did not exist. he also tried to tell me that my 77 dodge had to be the one he was looking for since the "big rig" look dodges did not come out till 2000. oh and he also had the total paperwork already written out for $2500. at the time the truck RETAILED for almost $10k. i had paid $6800 for it less than a month earlier. his paperwork had it down that my truck was a 95 Ram 1500 SL 2wd standard cab V6 manual with NO options. which was totally wrong and he saw this but still TRIED pushing the $2500 total. also he kept screwing around with the body shop, OKing parts but then calling the supplier and cancelling the orders. we told him that every part that was needed was sitting at teh dealer 3 miles down the road the day he came out to inspect the truck. my wife is good about parts hunting. and he told us BOTH "you dont know anything about body damage, so you wouldn't know a fender from a tail light. with that you wouldn't know what to even begin to call about at the dealer.". we were both in auto body courses in high school. just so happened that 3 months later, EVERY part we had called about from the dealer was on our truck. with the exception of the bumper grilles.

so yeah, adjusters are stupid. i think every adjuster, as part of their training, should spend 6 months at least WORKING in a body shop. then they might know a thing or two.

kinda off topic but i want pics of this truck

• 2 weeks later...

well, its been 11 days, the adjuster is supposed to be here in 15 mins, he was so pissed when i told him that the asshole was on his cell phone, from what he was telling me he is going to come out, take pics, make his own estimate, cut me a check, from there im supposed to go to a body shop and if the costs are more than what he wrote the check for the body shop will deal with him....im just gonna take the check and fix it myself