New to ratsun!

Whats up guys, the name is Andrew and I recently picked up my first 510! I've always wanted a 510 and I finally got one! Anyways, her she is in all her glory! I plan to clean her up, fix what ever needs to be fixed and find all the little missing things she needs! It's going to be a long on going project but I'm already attached! 

12742299_10208860007480267_7367721903723

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the family! …and more specifically to the 'Goon family!

What's on your parts list?

You should come check out the Eagle Rock Datsun show/swap meet March 13th in Eagle Rock Ca. It's a great event, nice people & LOTS of parts to pick through.

It's worth the trip.

Dude that car is straight and belongs in the garage.

maybe lower it and just leave it.

Dont fuck with the eelctrical unless you know what your doing. See to many 1st time ownwer swap things around and then it breaks later. grandma had it for 40yrs and was fine .

get rid of those wheels

read olddatsuns.com the tech section like its the back of your hand

• Like 1

Thanks guys! The car looks better in pics and it does need work lol paint is cracking and is not original, the interior is gutted and all the weather stripping is gone and/or shot. I plan to redo the interior, paint the floor boards, get new carpet and find some front seats. And then save to repaint the car and buy new weather stripping and find the misc stuff that its missing/needs replacing.

Hey Guys. Like 510Goonies, I'm new to the site and the new owner of a 72' 510. Although I feel like I've overpaid, she's worth it. I'm looking to swap out the 4 speed for a dogleg. The motor surprisingly is an L20B. I've read that 77'-79' 200sx is my best bet. This site has loads of info and I'm grateful for it. My only issue, I can't find a transmission. Unfortunately, the real kicker is, I live in Canada. And not on the west coast. So I'm pretty limited with resources up here.

I've talked to a few mechanics and used parts guys, they basically laugh when I bring up anything older than an 80'

Any help or guidance in my quest for the dogleg would be greatly appreciative

Thanks in advance

Hey Guys. Like 510Goonies, I'm new to the site and the new owner of a 72' 510. Although I feel like I've overpaid, she's worth it. I'm looking to swap out the 4 speed for a dogleg. The motor surprisingly is an L20B. I've read that 77'-79' 200sx is my best bet. This site has loads of info and I'm grateful for it. My only issue, I can't find a transmission. Unfortunately, the real kicker is, I live in Canada. And not on the west coast. So I'm pretty limited with resources up here.

I've talked to a few mechanics and used parts guys, they basically laugh when I bring up anything older than an 80'

Any help or guidance in my quest for the dogleg would be greatly appreciative

Thanks in advance

Thread jack? No, just kidding. For both of you, welcome to the house!! There is stuff out there to be found and ways to acquire said parts. Just gotta do the research or more over the search to find em'. Craigslist, the classifieds and ebay will be your friends for a while. May cost you some cabbage, but in the end, you can't take it with ya, so who cares!

Sweet looking goon you got there. Peeeeeerty!!