I broke my bike and back at the same time

sunday, i went riding my quad on some pretty good trails. well i came up to this one a little too hot, well i ended up hitting it with a compressed suspension and the rear end popped up and proceded to fire me off the quad 20-30 feet onto my side onto hard ground. i believe the quad followed me after hitting a few walls and making the axle look like a horse shoe. so i got hit by my own quad. so after a painful ride to the hospital and many x-rays later they tell me that i fractured 3 vertibrae's (sp) and i also fractured many parts of my pelvis. so now i am only allowed to ride my bed for the next 8-10 weeks. i was extremely lucky that i was not injured further and really have to thank my close friends for helping me out and especially my new bride erin. she has been a perfect saint thru this whole ordeal. makes me really happy that i married her even thou she probelly is ready to trade me in for a new one since i broke only after 3 months of marriage, sorry honey no warranty. well i am alive and that is the best i can ask for. my wife is the one that is going thru the hardest time taking care of my crimpled ass, i get the life, i sit in bed all day, surfing the internet and taking in pain pills. she has to do all the grunt work.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you everyone for the kind words!! i am feeling alot better today. each day i am moving around i get more mobility. i am the kind of person who gets really ancy if i am in one place for to long. my wife has been excellent. seriously we have been married for 3 months exactly when this had happened, really sucks for her.

i do have some good news. i got my engine kit in for my datsun haha!! JE pistons are amazing!!

but thanks again for all of your kind words. i guess since i have time during the day i can finally post the pictures of the progress my truck WAS making haha. along with the accident and my new pistons so look forward to those!

i started an english class right before my accident and have 10 essays to write in 8 weeks so i have to work on those more than anything. fun!! anyways more updates and pictures later on

i was extremely lucky that i was not injured further and really have to thank my close friends for helping me out and especially my new bride erin. she has been a perfect saint thru this whole ordeal.

:eek: ill say!

any accident you can 'walk' away from is a good one.

good to have an angel (or 2) watchin over you :love:

heal qwik!!!