Wife just backed into my 620, anywhere to get a replacement front "bumper"?

Kytoaster

Well, I left lucielle parked behind pretty wife's car, and she bumped into her at around 15mph. 

Dented the front chrome bumper, and knocked the lower radiator hose into the fan. Fixed the fan with a single zip tie (The noise it made when I started it not knowing the hose was contacting the fan made pretty wife actually start crying because she felt so bad!!!), so it's really no big deal. 

My big worry is, can I pound out the dent in the front bumper, or should I just try to replace it? 

I'm not scared of diy'ing anything, but I also don't want to accidentally make it worse by attacking it with a hammer like an ape.

Picture for reference (and yes, the passenger side fender DID have that dent when I got her):

[imgur](http://i.imgur.com/IcTf28m.jpg)

IcTf28m.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got you beat on this subject. My wife had the door on her hard body 4x4 open while backing up due to frosted rear window. She payed more attention to the road behind her than what was in the driveway and the edge of the door hit the rear quarter on my 510 right across the side marker. Creased the shit out of it. She was fairly unapologetic but after calling her out on it her old man said he's help me do all my bodywork and then paint it, it was like a lottery ticket, he does show quality work.

• Like 1

The 'bumper' on the 620 is a bumper in name only. It's a very thin and chromed cosmetic piece that only looks like one. Just check out how well it is anchored to the frame!!! Of all the insane things Nissan ever did was to design a bumper that has the two front fenders bolted to it. Any accident pulls the fenders into the chaos too.

Remove it first and you'll find that behind it is a sheet metal 'crumple zone' molded into the back of the 'bumper'. This is almost for sure to be bent out of shape also so that even if you fix or replace the 'bumper' it won't fit unless this is also bent back into position.

I don't know if anyone has successfully straightened a 620 front but at least that one looks symmetrical. If not try a want ad in our classifieds... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc As always buying and selling is allowed only in the classifieds.

Add your city/state location to your profile, maybe there is someone near you...

• Like 1