Charlie69

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect opportunity to sit at the kitchen table and try to rebuild a carb. Then when people are bitching about carb issues you can say that you literally fixed one with one hand tied.... Well, to your front.

Good luck with the physio maybe the therapist will be less hairy.

• Like 3

I have to keep my sling another 8 weeks minimum.  I am looking at 12 weeks of therapy minimum. 

I can not drive a standard transmission vehicle for at least 8 weeks.  Automatics are fine. 

I have 7 different exercises to do multiple times a day.  Therapy 3 times a week.

I am going to have the Guam boys down the street from me come and work on my 520 to get the rear end swapped and the leaf springs re-drilled to center the axle in the wheel well.

The Guam boys are 5 young men from Guam that are attending or recently graduated fro Universal Technical University.  They are eager to help and learn.  This is to help prep the 520 for the December 5 Severed Ties Custom Car Show in December.

I am hoping Gene will be able to come over and mount my gas tank under my 520.  Remember my 520 is an automatic!

• Like 5
  • 4 weeks later...

I had my 6 week post surgery Dr visit on Thursday and was told to us the sling if I am in a crowd and that I can go to the next phase of therapy.  I went to therapy this morning and was given exercises to do that involves using my muscles.  I was sore after the hour work out at therapy.  But I can drive!!!

• Like 2

You are correct Mike I still have to take it slow and easy.  I wanted to crawl under my 520 today and swap rear ends and re drill the main leaf on my leaf springs to center the axle in the wheel wells, butt that is going to have to wait until I am better healed.  That is why I was happy putting a radio in my 86 king cab instead.  It felt good to be outside working on my truck.

Thank you all!

• 4 months later...

Update: Charlie69 had knee surgery yesterday he's got some pain and will be in hospital for a few days, then will start physical therapy afterwards b4 he has other knee worked on. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers

• Like 2