Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

covered

'89-'90 S13 were KA24E (12 valve ) heavy block and crank girdle 225mm clutch

'90-'97 D21 were KA24E (12 valve ) 240mm clutch

'91-'94 S13 were KA24DE (16 valve) heavy block and crank girdle 225mm clutch

'95-'98 S14 were KA24DE (16 valve) heavy block and crank girdle 225mm clutch

'98 and up D21 were KA24DE (16 valve) heavy block 240mm clutch

The DE makes maybe 10 HP more than the E, probably the better breathing 4 valves per cylinder. Ten hp isn't near enough reason to run it over the other.

Hey guys. With my engine build finally done im looking for a new fun project. I want to build a high HP engine that i can drop into my 510 from time to time to have some fun. (i know it doesn't sound practical but i just want to have my same engine in the car when driving the street and have a more powerful engine when going to the track).

Unrealistic. This isn't an underwear change.

VGs and KAs need EFI wiring and fuel pumps and their own rads, MMs and cross member, their own transmissions/ trans mounts/ driveshaft. You will need some kind of quick change exhaust down pipe too. If you get the urge to go for a drive on Sunday you'd better start the swap Wednesday.

• Like 2

200 to 250 is perfect for a lightweight, short wheelbase car like a 510.

I met a guy at Thunderhill once who had a turbo poking out of the hood of his 510, he said he had 450hp and it was just not fun to drive.

Back to Andres: don't beat your head against the wall. If you want to avoid emissions, get an older car.

• Like 3

About those. I got rear ended and it broke my seat so i needed new one. Since I had the money at the time and I'm always driving in the hills figured it would be good to put a harness.

A harness in my buddies dime saved his life when we decided to slide a corner and wrap his car around a tree. He hit dead on driver side door and was air born when he hit, the roof line pinched in and created a sharp point, which grazed the top of his head. Had the harness not been there, he probably would have obliterated his head on that thing and blasted it open on the tree. Most he got was a scrape on the top of his head and whiplash. I'm a believer of harnesses if your gonna be pushing your car to its limits.

• Like 1

Is this the yellow datsun that keeps up with the datsloco crowd on the fun runs? Lol i hear good stories, props

Depending on budget u can probably get a ka barb'd and pass smog and all

Keeps up? Get your facts straight buddy. We wait for everyone there's a difference lol. Maybe if you had permission to come out and play every once in a while you would know what I'm talking about.
  • Like 3

Keeps up? Get your facts straight buddy. We wait for everyone there's a difference lol. Maybe if you had permission to come out and play every once in a while you would know what I'm talking about.

If people need permission to go to your meets, that'd be the dumbest shit I've read in this thread

• Like 1

Look at this. Even Andre's boys are calling him slow.

Great friends you got there.

If people need permission to go to your meets, that'd be the dumbest shit I've read in this thread

Permission from the wifey yo.......

.....he's been makin' babies or something...... :rofl:

• Like 1