Cogniq brain pill scam - the new Soylent Green

So here's something interesting.  I'm browsing through news on google, which is at least better than regular news but not by that much, and under science, I find Stephen Hawking touts brain booster or something.  New, revolutionary, yadda yadda.  So I click on the link, and start reading an article that is well-written, and ALMOST believable.  Fortunately for my advertising background, I'm well-versed in these matters and have an excellent bullshit filter.

I get all the way down to the bottom and after Stephen Hawking, it appears Denzel Washington even endorses the brain-boosting pill that WILL CHANGE HUMANITY!!!!   :rofl:

Except it's bullshit!

Here's the article, posted by another fellow so you don't have to go to the either faked CNN page, or a horribly evil ad that has no disclaimer that it is an ad, at least that I can see.

http://sickhorses.com/2015/08/09/stephen-hawking-ashton-kutcher-and-the-biggest-event-in-human-history/

Now here's the even bigger issue.  The makers of this crap sugar pill or whatever it is, have obviously paid to have their "positive" uber-amazing pill articles on the top of the page in a search.  Because if you search scam or crap in connection with coniq, you'll get search strings like "Coniq-healthy or scam?" and you click on the link....but guess what?  Yep!  It's another clevely-disguised ad for the stupid pill!

1984 ring a bell, anyone?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's an evil plot.  And google needs a thread to identify this pill as crap.  Currently, ALL the searches come up with ads for this pill.  Type in Cogniq scam, see what happens.  I tried many different variations.  So maybe the proliferation of our humble little Ratsun.net will pop up at least one ACTUAL resource for "Yeah, it's clown shoes."