INSMNCS: John Cain

Why can't I buy cigarettes and energy drinks with my welfare card... it's MY MONEY. I guess I'll have to deposit my unemployment check after my Obamacare doctors appointment.

It is either sent in the form of a US Bank Visa/Debit or Direct deposit to your current checking. No more paper.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that it were so simple. Like it or not, we are all part of the global economy, and that is a F'n profoundly complex dynamic structure. That being said, there is a great deal of evidence to support the appearance of a "welfare state" in the USA is the result of a grotesque imbalance in the distribution of wealth. For a capitalist economy to thrive, capital can not be trapped at the top; it must flow throughout the free market system so the workforce can generate wealth and independence. Independent wealth has been harvested like crops with one economic bubble burst after another. Blaming government, or the people for a culture of taking rather than earning is pointing the finger in the wrong direction. In the rush to be globally competitive we the people were sold out by a government for and by the corporation. Unfortunately, there is no way to tax or spend our way out of this mess. The fuel tank of our economic engine has been syphoned off by cheaters while we were busy playing by the rules. The most inconvenient truth is we've been duped into economic slavery for generations to come. Smoke'm while you got'm. 

• Like 4

Or vote for me.. I'm running. I'll save California from the drought. I've got a 13 step plan.

You know what's ironic, for the past few months we've been hauling water from Cabazon and Ontario California to Portland and Seattle areas....ya...water!

• Like 1