INSMNCS: John Cain

Ok, I feel bad for the people who have died, but all I can think when I hear about the "STORM OF THE CENTURY!!" is what a bunch of fucking pussies.  2 feet of snow, big fucking deal.  It just floors me people in this day and age aren't prepared for a little blizzard and some shoveling.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/monster-storm/blizzard-2016-millions-path-monster-snowstorm-n501601

• Like 3
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but they're billing this thing as if there was a meteor coming to block out the sun.  They're in essentially the same latitude as us, wtf?  Am I just an asshole?  I don't see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 1

Ok, I feel bad for the people who have died, but all I can think when I hear about the "STORM OF THE CENTURY!!" is what a bunch of fucking pussies.  2 feet of snow, big fucking deal.  It just floors me people in this day and age aren't prepared for a little blizzard and some shoveling.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/monster-storm/blizzard-2016-millions-path-monster-snowstorm-n501601

It's retarded. People (other than us) are retarded. We've had snow for as long as we've been on earth. Had it last year, will have it this year, will have it next year. Weather has become big part of the news lately and I notice the fear mongering. It's not uncommon to have huge dumps rather that the same amount every year. If you've been alive for more than 5 years even you can see this. If there is a snow warning.... STAY HOME!!! DUH. If you have to be out in it then you already know what to expect from past experience for fuck's sake.

Don't drive at your usual speed limit or with your usual habits.

Don't rely on hi tech braking, steering, suspension, restraint systems for your survival. They are mostly the illusion of safety for selling cars. 

It takes 6-8 times (or more) distance to get stopped. Look up inertia.

Don't add weight to the trunk. It destabilizes the cars handling and brakes, and... see inertia above.

Expect delays

It's friggin cold, so where's your warm clothes???

Expect to get stuck.

Other than being killed by some other asshole driver, if you kill yourself, hopefully you took all your genes with you.

• Like 2

Remember back a long time ago,,, back about  9:00pm last night when i was worried about making heater work better??

I don't know ,, sighs and rubs eyeballs ,,,,,,,,,, at some point i have become Sgt. Murtaugh.

• Like 1