• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like navigation systems. It allows incompetent morons that have no business on the road to drive.

Rear TVs and auto parking that allow people without any hand eye coordination to drive, much less hone their skills.

Never in history have there been so many people on our roads that shouldn't be there.

• Like 3

It's like navigation systems. It allows incompetent morons that have no business on the road to drive.

Rear TVs and auto parking that allow people without any hand eye coordination to drive, much less hone their skills.

Never in history have there been so many people on our roads that shouldn't be there.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Mike.  Case in point:

Loving Datsun owner parks Datsun outside.  Would have had a carport to park under if the windstorm hadn't blown it over the garage.

Freezing overnight puts frost all over windows on truck.

At 15 degrees in the morning, getting ready to head to work the last thing I want to do is scrap windows.  And I'd rather not get into a cold car.

Consequently, heater on full, remote start!  Bam!  Start her up 10 minutes before you leave in the morning, windows defrosted, nice and toasty for the drive to work! :D

However, I don't have a remote start, which means I get my second key, start the truck, lock it back up, go inside, have breakfast, then go swap keys out before I leave.  Kind of a pain in the ass, but you don't leave a car running in my neighborhood without being near it.  Unless you don't want a car.

• Like 2

No Datsun made will start by remote. At the very least you would have to have EFI.

If you use a door lock popper to trigger a choke.. it could happen. Also, my 720 would. It was very easy to start.

EFI obviously makes it more successful. 

• Like 2

God I'm really hoping nobody fucks up on the Sisquiyous today, don't be dumb, throw iron and go.....meh.....I might be too hopeful here...

I've heard nothing but bad things about mountain passes so far this morning. I5 was closed at the Canyonville pass after a 10 truck pile-up. According to the news that is..

Drive safe man! 

Beet juice? I assume it's colored so you know it's there?

Here we use a brine solution mixed at the yard and tanker trucks that drool it out across the lane with 4" spacings between. If it's going to be frosty in the mornings or on exposed over passes then the trucks are out at 3-4 AM. Frost can't form but road looks damp. During the day it often dries to a light powder and is there for the next morning.... unless it rains, and then it's warm enough to not need it. I like it better than sand and rock salt. It's not colored.

Yes I believe that 0 degrees F was determined as the lowest temperature a 1 to 1 mix of salt and water could remain un frozen. From this, 32 F was figured out as the melting point of ice. Ontario can get very cold in the winter. I don't remember salting of the roads when it became very cold as the salt was less effective. Now I may be wrong but a search of this was fruitless.

• Like 1

Still haven't gotten the carport back up? Did the storm render it fubar?

Oh, they're both fubared.  I have the remnants torn apart in the alley awaiting loading onto the trailer for the next load of scrap.  There were a few unbent sections, but not many.  Think I eventually may make a permanent cover like I made the new woodshed.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there Mike.  Case in point:

Loving Datsun owner parks Datsun outside.  Would have had a carport to park under if the windstorm hadn't blown it over the garage.

Freezing overnight puts frost all over windows on truck.

At 15 degrees in the morning, getting ready to head to work the last thing I want to do is scrap windows.  And I'd rather not get into a cold car.

Consequently, heater on full, remote start!  Bam!  Start her up 10 minutes before you leave in the morning, windows defrosted, nice and toasty for the drive to work! :D

However, I don't have a remote start, which means I get my second key, start the truck, lock it back up, go inside, have breakfast, then go swap keys out before I leave.  Kind of a pain in the ass, but you don't leave a car running in my neighborhood without being near it.  Unless you don't want a car.

See, you don't need remote start to warm your car up. Just go outside and start it 10min before you leave. Don't be lazy.

Beet juice? I assume it's colored so you know it's there?

Here we use a brine solution mixed at the yard and tanker trucks that drool it out across the lane with 4" spacings between. If it's going to be frosty in the mornings or on exposed over passes then the trucks are out at 3-4 AM. Frost can't form but road looks damp. During the day it often dries to a light powder and is there for the next morning.... unless it rains, and then it's warm enough to not need it. I like it better than sand and rock salt. It's not colored.

Yes I believe that 0 degrees F was determined as the lowest temperature a 1 to 1 mix of salt and water could remain un frozen. From this, 32 F was figured out as the melting point of ice. Ontario can get very cold in the winter. I don't remember salting of the roads when it became very cold as the salt was less effective. Now I may be wrong but a search of this was fruitless.

Yes, beet the vegetable, saw it on weather channel couple weeks ago, amazing stuff.