• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

They'd be better if you applied for a driver position.  You get screened online, then by the HR manager, then you get put in a store.  The store manager will interview you before they put you into a store however.  Although, with the few positions available, it's pretty much you go to a store and that's it.  Not a whole lot of positions open for assistants.  However, if you put in an app now, if someone goes (likely) then you'll be next in line.

I have no doubt you have the technical ability to be a good parts guy.  Just remember you can't be a smartass to the customers.  ;)  They don't like that too much.  At the moment I have my two assistants so that's the way it will stay unless I make a case to upper management to change something.  If things continue to irritate me with one of the assistants, I'll make that call, but I'm hoping he pans out because I'd rather not see him fail.  Much less it will be annoying if I have to discipline him more.  I don't like doing that.  I'd prefer people just did their jobs and figured it out.  But, seeing as that sometimes doesn't happen, if you're in the system, that makes it that much easier to find you a spot.  But nothing is guaranteed and putting in for NAPA up here means you get the possibility of being sent to Deer Park, Airway/Cheney, Post Falls, or any place in between.  Those are the most far-flung places.

Anyway, fill out the online stuff.  If they do offer you a spot somewhere, you can always say no.

Go apply to Tesla engineering applications / support. Growing company in a field that will only grow. Find an in. The future is electric and hydrogen (likely fuel cell, thus electrical).

Lame if you are a gear head. But not at all lame in reality. I'd jump all over that shit if I were out west.

Everyone wants a dickhead job although they don't think of it in that term. Lots of money for little work is called management. In theory it enforces order and saves money and work by giving proper direction through foresight and experience but in reality it encourages more and more management and becomes a reason in itself. Just look at large conglomerates and countries. The company I work for reached another tipping point about 10 years ago. We had one or two people in HR (human resources) now there's dozens and every month a new announcement of a new employee there. I roll my eyes and say "Another mouth to feed". My old boss used to say there are pie makers and pie eaters. We need fewer pie eaters in this company. There is a form for everything to fill out. A book 2" thick on the proper use of the company logo on stationery and signs. A huge manual on QMS (quality management service) that's supposed to check and correct ongoing projects and root out errors. God knows how much they paid for that, but mistakes still get made at the same rate.

The only reason I pointed at Tesla for having cock sucker managers is because I've heard first hand from a friend.

A piece of second hand equipment came into there lab that was use for all kinds of chemical testing. My friend asked if it could be cleaned and sanitized properly before he used it and " got into major problems" with the management. 

Thats all.

I'm way down with management. Every graveyard could use a few more. 

11899983_10155841451845012_5990041545465

• Like 1

Everyone wants a dickhead job although they don't think of it in that term. Lots of money for little work is called management.

I've been in management for about four years. Moved up from the field. Just last week I jumped back in the field so one of my crew chiefs could stay home for a few weeks with his wife and newborn. I sweat more, but it's not more, nor harder work. Way less stress. Less hours. And far more fun. I do know who you speak of though. Some industries cater to that bullshit. Big companies especially. I've found better employment in small companies. But it usually means harder work.