oddball private message, possible hack

Ok, so i guess I should introduce myself first. My name is Dan, and have been an avid fan of datsun's since i was about 17, which is also when I bought my first car. A 78 280z. Along the years i had the opportunity to own a 72 two door dime, a 69 roadster 2000, mid seventies 620, another 280, a 240, a 720 4x4, and a turbo 200sx. I signed up here and on another forum in preparation of buying another z or dime. Couldn't figure which one. As life happens i lost my job just as i was about to drop 1500 on a rolling shell dime (man prices are nuts, my 72 cost 1500 running and driving). So long story short that's me! Now on to the topic. This is my first post here. I just received an email from some on this site claiming to be "gladys". Im sure its bs and have no intention of replying. I just thought I'd help out the communi, being a datsun fan and all. Here is the email in its entirety.... Hope this helps... Apparently gladys doesn't know me to well cause my g/f thinks im an asshole.

“Hi? Greeting

I am writing to you to let you know that I am really impressed with your profile I would like to get to know you better for a chance to discuss an important issue? & we can share great experiences together,I'm sorry if i am embarrassing you'll always be grateful if you will reply to my E-mail address ( Vivianaisatou@gmx.com ) not in this site because i am a new in this community and i don't visit this site often, I would very much appreciate to get a reply from you thank you for being who you are, and for providing such a great example of a good person to which I could aspire and admire.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Best regards

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DR. DAN DAKOVA

LONDON,UNITED KINGDOM

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction .This by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and'top secret'. You have been recommended by an associate who assured me in confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of great magnitude involving a pending business transaction requiring maximum confidence.

I am a Nigerian presently on attachment in united kingdom, but at the same time the chairman of contract review panel who is interested in importation of goods into Nigeria with funds which are presently trapped in Nigeria. In order to commence this business we solicit your assistance to enable us transfer into your account the said trapped funds The source of this fund is as follows : During the last Regime here in Nigeria, some Government Officials set up companies and awarded themselves contracts which were grossly over-invoiced in various ministries. The present Government set up a contract Review Panel and we have identified a lot of inflated contract funds which are presently floating in the Central Bank of Nigeria ready for payment. However, by virtue of our position as civil servants and members of this panel, we cannot acquire this money in our names. I have therefore, been delegated as a matter of trust by my colleagues of the panel to look for an overseas partner into whose account we would transfer the sum of US$21,500,000.00 (Twenty One Million, Five Hundred Thousand United .States Dollars) Hence we are writing you this letter.

We have agreed to share the money thus:

1. 20% for the Account owner (you)

2. 70% for us (The officials)

3. 10% to be used in settling taxation and all local

and foreign expenses.

It is from the 70% that we wish to commence the importation business. Please, note that this transaction is 100% safe and we hope to commence the transfer latest seven (7) banking days from the date of the receipt of the following information below by FAX OR MAIL (a)company ís name Beneficiary of account ( B) Your Personal TeL. Number and Fax Number © Bank account/Sort/ABA/Routing numbers were the funds will be transfered to (d) Your Bankers Address, Telephone and Fax Number. The above information will enable us write letters of claim and job description respectively. This way we will use your company ís name to apply for payment and re-award the contract in your companyís name. We are looking forward to doing this business with you and solicit your confidentiality in this transaction. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using the above  and email or fax me on this # 44-709-234-3325 and i will bring you into the complete picture of this

pending project when I have heard from you.

Your faithfully, DR.DAN DAKOVA

• Like 1