My Intro with my 70 GOON Barn Find!

Alright guys let me start by saying cool site and lots of great info!

I recently found out about a 1970 1 owner 510 wagon that a friend was looking to possibly sell. His parents bought the car new in Cali and brought it down to TX in the early 90's.

The car was parked after the fan on the car flew off somehow and smashed into the radiator and it was parked in their barn.They put it up on 4 stands covered it with a canvas tarp and thats where its been since 1995. I talked to my friend and he agreed to let me take a look at it before he put it on the market. I went to look at it a few days ago, and we came to a price. Today was the first day the car had been off stands and out of the barn in 20 years. Im happy to own it and have it home now. Its not perfect by any means, but its a great start. Im actually a really big part of the Subaru community, but am a car guy in general. Ive always loved the look of all the 510s and jumped at the chance to own this one. Heres some pics from today. Enjoy!

Eric

DSCN4623_zpscqqjyedv.jpg

DSCN4622_zpsoqxb7chc.jpg

DSCN4621_zps9ikm3gzg.jpg

DSCN4625_zpsyu4bedwx.jpg

DSCN4626_zpssn2wbo6b.jpg

Out of the barn for the first time in 20 years!!

DSCN4630_zpsgjo0rnnt.jpg

DSCN4631_zpst3jqtyiv.jpg

• Like 12
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Car does not run like I said before in my intro. looks like the fan flew off and smashed into the radiator. The radiator has been removed and has sustained serious damage from the fan. the water pump has also been removed as well. Maybe Ill take a pic of the bay and you Datsun gurus can kinda give me an idea of what I need.

Eric

Its not getting painted.  :thumbup: I need to do a serious cleaning to it inside and out. The cars going to need a bunch of stuff to get it road worthy. Im sure you guys will know, can I fit 15x7 wheels on the wagon?

Eric

If you repaint one square inch on that car i'm gonna drive to Texas and slap you! You have received A gift from the car gods.   

• Like 4

Damn that is one badass wagon. Someone must have painted that stripe on it back in the day. It looks like it had wire baskets on it at one time. Front over ride bar, Roof rack, AC, Locking gas cap, Fog lights. Someone put all the dealer options on this car when purchased.

Epic find!!!!

• Like 2