prepare to expect Spitage in your salad if you don't tip and then ask for box up to go,

it happens ALOT

this bitch was Murican! Cawlefornian !  even better

Sarah Winchesters, ,,,,,,,,    thought the world was out to get her from all the deaths created by her husbands riffles

Winchester+Mystery+House+4_OTIS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

prepare to expect Spitage in your salad if you don't tip and then ask for box up to go,

it happens ALOT

this bitch was Murican! Cawlefornian ! even better

Sarah Winchesters, ,,,,,,,, thought the world was out to get her from all the deaths created by her husbands riffles

Winchester+Mystery+House+4_OTIS.jpg

The Winchester house is crazy, doors the that open to a wall stairs that lead to the ceiling, she just kept adding and adding.

• Like 2

What you don't you get is that if you blanket force huge increases on small business you squeeze people into corporate employment... Do you not see this. After the manufacturing sector took huge hits in the late 90's and early 2000's (this is a first hand example) the only thing left standing was huge corporations that costly hikes didn't effect. These corporations swept in and grabbed all the mom and pop shops in trouble and moved these jobs away after the 2 years required by contracts with the state and county. 13,000 (lower-middle class wage) people lost employment because of shit our gubment did. None of these billion dollar corporations stuck around. They bought up everything and left town. 

You think by forcing this on everyone is a net gain? 

You are damn right I don't want to be told I have pay a set amount for an employee that's beyond my capability to do so. Reason being is because that mandated amount is huge when you have my type of operating costs. Comparing to a company with an operations budget of $3,000,000-$5,000,000 that can withstand an increase that mandate is only seen as a fraction of a percent in the whole budget picture.

I understand you want to help the people who cannot seem to up their level of living for what ever reasons. Thinking you are just going after corps that don't want to pay higher wages is a narrow view. This hurts smaller business far more than any corporation with a huge budget. 

I have already made a suggestion and there are many others that have too. It doesn't have to be outlandish or different. Even Mr. Buffet has said that people of his wealth or even Corporations of his wealth should be made to pay taxes without the deductions afforded to smaller aspiring companies. You cannot get a tax break once you have met a set level of wealth or revenue. Give the small guys a chance to become something big vs lets keep making huge wealth compound creating our imbalance. 

I just have to correct you on the McDonalds part this is not a good example to use for corporate greed. Each and every Mc-D's you see is not corporately owned. It is privately owned and the name is franchised leased from the main corporation. These owners pay fees and buy the corporate products from the main body. The wages and employment are not through the corporation but through private employment. So these places can only employ people based upon how well they sell in that region. So once these owners cant afford to employ Mc-D's is offering new automated systems being rolled out to replace people. 

Are you saying the manufacturing sector took huge hits in the late 90's and early 2000's because of a $.90 / 20% increase in the federal minimum wage? From 1970 to 1980 the federal minimum wage almost doubled and manufacturing grew during that period.

Bureau of Labor statistics data from 1989 to 1999 shows less that a 4% drop in manufacturing over that decade so I don’t get what you mean by a huge hit. http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2000/12/art1full.pdfBut that was the time when Walmart cleaned out hundreds of town’s entire economic structure though.

A slow ratcheted approach to a nation wide increase in labor cost effects all business big and small, and the price of goods and services will rise to reflect that increase over time. If that increase were born solely on the back of low income earners that might be an issue, but it is distributed throughout the economy and income scale.

You are right, there are some companies that can operate at a loss longer than others, but in fact, a large corporation’s profit margins are often tighter than a mom and pop shop. There are huge pressures that drive a company to rase it’s prices, but they are always competing against the other guy. This is all part of a business’s fitness and ability to compete on the open market. But if large corporations have one clear advantage over the small guy, it’s in economies of scale, not in labor costs. What the small guy has in spades though is the ability to make rapid change and adapt to new market demands.

I'm sorry Matt, but that article you linked was seriously biased crap. Look up the Daily Signal. It's not a liberal news paper, it is an extension publication of  the Heritage Foundation. Also look up the American Enterprise Institute. They are both conservative political think tanks. Mark Perry is an American Enterprise Institute scholar for christ sake.  Go to the link “is getting off to a pretty bad start,” where they site a “new report”, you’ll see once again it’s from AEI. Look at the data they are siting in this fake report and it’s easy to see it’s total BS. At the bottom of the graph they state their sources as BLS (ostensibly Bureau of Labor Statistics), and St Louis Federal Reserve. WTF are they talking about? The BLS does not generate data statistics for individual sectors in individual cities. Let alone providing data in real time as the graph suggests. Although the St Louis Federal Reserve Bank does economic research, they have nothing to do with generating specific data like restaurant labor statistics in Seattle. https://research.stlouisfed.org/wp/ Is an isolated market like Seattle, that is effected by the overall economy an accurate study sample to prove cause and effect? Here’s a hint, the answer is hell NO.

I think you believe my position is coming from some half baked liberal “my brother’s keeper” ideal, but I DO NOT give a flying fuck about “helping the people who cannot seem to up their level of living for what ever reasons.” I just don’t want to pay for their welfare when they are not able to make enough money to care for themselves. I see social issues of poverty as a macro economic cost. We pay a heavy $ and social price for not providing a real way for struggling people to pull their own weight. One thing that is statistically proven, a rise in poor family's income has a cumulative effect in upward mobility.

If you think McD is not a prime example of corp greed than you must not know how they get their over processed, chemically preserved fat ladened products into that bright little red box. A franchise business like McD is merely an extension of the central corp in that the individual “owner” has no control over the product being sold, the price they can charge, upper management structure, or even the decor of their business. Essentially the owner is an employee of the corp whose pay is based on the number of units sold and the given productivity vs the cost of their labor force. In this way McD corp puts the responsibility of managing the workforce on the “owner” of their product outlets. It's true though, there is no labor cost advantage provided by the parent company.

I know we're not going to change anyone’s mind here, but there is a huge amount of disinformation on both the lib and con sides of this question. If you’re willing to dig a bit deeper you can better understand the macro issues that define the minimum wage question. Like I said before, (and I don’t mean this as a slight to anyone in any way) it’s easy to become myopic when looking at this massive economic shit.

• Like 1

The Winchester house is crazy, doors the that open to a wall stairs that lead to the ceiling, she just kept adding and adding.

She was convinced [probably by a fortune teller] that the house was haunted by the ghosts of all who had died by a Winchester rifle toting person, and that she would die as soon as she had finished construction on the mansion.  So, she kept adding on with no regard as to if the new construction tied in logically or illogically with the original structure.  BTY it didn't work, she died anyway!

• Like 2

Are you saying the manufacturing sector took huge hits in the late 90's and early 2000's because of a $.90 / 20% increase in the federal minimum wage? From 1970 to 1980 the federal minimum wage almost doubled and manufacturing grew during that period.

Bureau of Labor statistics data from 1989 to 1999 shows less that a 4% drop in manufacturing over that decade so I don’t get what you mean by a huge hit. http://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2000/12/art1full.pdfBut that was the time when Walmart cleaned out hundreds of town’s entire economic structure though.

A slow ratcheted approach to a nation wide increase in labor cost effects all business big and small, and the price of goods and services will rise to reflect that increase over time. If that increase were born solely on the back of low income earners that might be an issue, but it is distributed throughout the economy and income scale.

You are right, there are some companies that can operate at a loss longer than others, but in fact, a large corporation’s profit margins are often tighter than a mom and pop shop. There are huge pressures that drive a company to rase it’s prices, but they are always competing against the other guy. This is all part of a business’s fitness and ability to compete on the open market. But if large corporations have one clear advantage over the small guy, it’s in economies of scale, not in labor costs. What the small guy has in spades though is the ability to make rapid change and adapt to new market demands.

I'm sorry Matt, but that article you linked was seriously biased crap. Look up the Daily Signal. It's not a liberal news paper, it is an extension publication of  the Heritage Foundation. Also look up the American Enterprise Institute. They are both conservative political think tanks. Mark Perry is an American Enterprise Institute scholar for christ sake.  Go to the link “is getting off to a pretty bad start,” where they site a “new report”, you’ll see once again it’s from AEI. Look at the data they are siting in this fake report and it’s easy to see it’s total BS. At the bottom of the graph they state their sources as BLS (ostensibly Bureau of Labor Statistics), and St Louis Federal Reserve. WTF are they talking about? The BLS does not generate data statistics for individual sectors in individual cities. Let alone providing data in real time as the graph suggests. Although the St Louis Federal Reserve Bank does economic research, they have nothing to do with generating specific data like restaurant labor statistics in Seattle. https://research.stlouisfed.org/wp/ Is an isolated market like Seattle, that is effected by the overall economy an accurate study sample to prove cause and effect? Here’s a hint, the answer is hell NO.

I think you believe my position is coming from some half baked liberal “my brother’s keeper” ideal, but I DO NOT give a flying fuck about “helping the people who cannot seem to up their level of living for what ever reasons.” I just don’t want to pay for their welfare when they are not able to make enough money to care for themselves. I see social issues of poverty as a macro economic cost. We pay a heavy $ and social price for not providing a real way for struggling people to pull their own weight. One thing that is statistically proven, a rise in poor family's income has a cumulative effect in upward mobility.

If you think McD is not a prime example of corp greed than you must not know how they get their over processed, chemically preserved fat ladened products into that bright little red box. A franchise business like McD is merely an extension of the central corp in that the individual “owner” has no control over the product being sold, the price they can charge, upper management structure, or even the decor of their business. Essentially the owner is an employee of the corp whose pay is based on the number of units sold and the given productivity vs the cost of their labor force. In this way McD corp puts the responsibility of managing the workforce on the “owner” of their product outlets. It's true though, there is no labor cost advantage provided by the parent company.

I know we're not going to change anyone’s mind here, but there is a huge amount of disinformation on both the lib and con sides of this question. If you’re willing to dig a bit deeper you can better understand the macro issues that define the minimum wage question. Like I said before, (and I don’t mean this as a slight to anyone in any way) it’s easy to become myopic when looking at this massive economic shit.

Meh....Fuck $15.00 lets hit everyone with $20.00 an hour.. Now that's an experiment.

• Like 1

Ohh...... :rofl: ........the IRONY!!!!

You support one of the biggest liars in the history of presidential elections!!!

WTF!!!!!

:rofl:

This is rich!

Hypocrisy much?

You don't listen much do you.

I seldom tip, or so seldom it could be called never. 

And just like every Yin has it's Yang, I can count on one hand how many times in my life that I have NOT tipped; someone has to be so exceptionally horrible at their job, that it burns a vivid memory. I can recount when and where I was each time, as well as why I did not.