Beware of this guy flipping a 620 in Everett

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing??......I would be shocked.....

..............for once I actually agree with this guy......vv :lol:

^^..........x2

People often have one code of behavior for themselves and one for everyone surrounding them...it's called hypocrisy!!!!

You guys trying to tell me you wouldn't do the same thing??......I would be shocked.....

Buy it to flip for profit? absolutely not!!!! Not a Datsun that is. I'd keep it for myself.

i am all for flipping for profit, thats just husslin. i also want to give people the deal i would want to get, a fair one. where i earn my money is not ripping people off its finding stuff for cheap enough i can flip it at a fair price.

Lets say for argument sake say that a vehicle truck is absolutely worth $2,000. Runs good, low mileage, excellent shape, everyone would agree that $2000 is a very good and fair price for it. 

Four scenarios...

1/ Your grandmother leaves it to you in her will. You don't need it and want to sell it. Do you sell it for a dollar more than you paid for it? (you know, just to be fair) or $2000. John buys it from you and is very happy.

2/  You manage to buy it from your grandmother for $500 and sell for 4 times what you paid, is this... wrong? un fair? John buys it from you and is very happy.

3/ You manage to buy it from your grandmother for $1,500 (a steal) and sell it for $2,000. John buys it from you and is very happy.

4/ You buy truck and immediately put it up for sale for $4,000.

So which is the most unfair??? If you said 1, 2 or 3 anywhere in your answer... I am dissapoint.

Doesn't matter what YOU paid for it as long as you sell it for what it's really worth. This is fair price.

Wouldn't you sell it for at least what it's worth???

• Like 2

no i wouldnt pick number 4. if everyone agrees vehicle a is worth $2000 i would sell it for $2000. i am in no way against flipping for profit, thats partly how i support my datsun habbit. if i can flip a car for a $500 profit and it still be a fair deal i am all for it. if i can flip a car for a $1500 profit and it still be a fair deal even better. just more parts i can buy! 

• Like 1

I would have a tough time flipping cars. Doesn't matter if a datsun or jeep. I had a '64 cj5 I bought for $600, unmolested, still had the 4 cyl in it. Probably 10 yrs later I sold it for $1k. I probably could have gotten more if I waited long enough.

My white 240z, I paid $500 for it, 14 yrs later I still have it and use it to have fun with on the weekends and at High Plains Raceway.

My new project, I paid more than the asking price and it was worth it. Still working on it. Could I flip it? sure, but I tend to hold onto things for a while.

I lot of it has to do with stand up sellers. The white 240 was in the papers, I was the second guy to call and come see it. I agreed on the asking price. Even the first guy changed his mind and wanted to buy it. But we had already made the deal and he stuck to it. It even sat in his garage for a couple of weeks while he had some roof work done on his house. He also got a lot of calls offering more than double what he had in the paper.

My new project, another 240z. i can't say enough about the previous owner. I would have helped him sell it since i couldn't afford it at the time. When I decided to actually get it, i asked him after knowing my opinion about the car how much he would sell it to me for. I gave him $500 over what he asked the second time and $900 over what he asked for the first time. That story is in one of my project threads. He held the car for me for 7 months.

How do you bring up to someone that you wish to pay them more than they want anyway?

He could have easily gotten at least $4K as my new project sat. We both knew it and I still would have helped him sell it if he wanted to go that route. I was happy and he was happy it was going to a good home with someone who would take good care of it.

My 620 kc, I paid asking price, well actually, I paid pay $100 less than asking price after I saw the for sale sign behind the seat asking $1500.

Na, only honest people drive/live the toyota dolphin community.

It's like a conversion jet boat on wheels! People in the bay area are always trying to flip houses or turn them into 8 family inlaws, that is actually bullshit and should be stopped.

I'm gonna park a Toyota dolphin right in front of the next real estate jack off sign, drive the price down.

Hell, I'll live in it, smoke green crank and work on it all day.

00h0h_DMj9aAHuPC_600x450.jpg