breather filter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how the governing bodies of Texas start collectively beating off every time anybody even mentions the " liberal left " wanting to limit guns a tiny bit,,,,,, but they are willing to burn children to death in their own home to control it in their state..

No shit, that whole thing was such an arrogant racket. His followers weren't exactly left over hippies, some of them had high levels of education, single mothers, professionals. Not that it makes any different.

certainly no excuse to pump gas into the place and shoot at it for two days.

there's a good unbiased documentary on the event. Its a bummer to watch tho.

It's funny how the governing bodies of Texas start collectively beating off every time anybody even mentions the " liberal left " wanting to limit guns a tiny bit,,,,,, but they are willing to burn children to death in their own home to control it in their state..

I thought that was the Feds.  If it wasn't for the weird religious aspects and possible child abuse aspects of the whole thing, it'd probably be called "The Alamo II."

No shit, that whole thing was such an arrogant racket. His followers weren't exactly left over hippies, some of them had high levels of education, single mothers, professionals. Not that it makes any different.

certainly no excuse to pump gas into the place and shoot at it for two days.

there's a good unbiased documentary on the event. Its a bummer to watch tho.

Just don't be burning an incense, that would be one hell of a bondo cook out

I felt sorry for David Koresh.

Fry 'em all, fuck 'em. Let god sort them out. "Beware false prophets lest be led unto hell"

same goes for any sales rep, conviction is key.

Davidians were hell bent on one particular snippet outta the old testiment. At least David Koresh knew some campfire chords on the guitar. Hubbard could mix a tasty cocktail using paint thinner tho.

this thread was derailed before it started

The fumes will coat your air filter element and clog it up. Davids right, millions have been done inside and work.

Air filters are cheaper than carb rebuild kits.  My RL411 Hitachi "SU" have outlasted many of the intake air filters [i probably have the last 2 genuine Datsun factory filters left. I gave away my other 2 to deserving WRL and RL 411 owners.].  When they begin to crud up just rotate them 180 degrees and give any crud another side of the air filter to work on!

• Like 1

Air filters are cheaper than carb rebuild kits.  My RL411 Hitachi "SU" have outlasted many of the intake air filters [i probably have the last 2 genuine Datsun factory filters left. I gave away my other 2 to deserving WRL and RL 411 owners.].  When they begin to crud up just rotate them 180 degrees and give any crud another side of the air filter to work on!

I think I understand what your saying, but HOW do you attach a rubber hose to the flexable mesh filter without tearing it?  

I think I understand what your saying, but HOW do you attach a rubber hose to the flexable mesh filter without tearing it?  

You connect the hose to an intake nipple in the air filter housing on the "outside" side of the filter element.  Early roadster and RL411 had this connection as part of the outer air filter housing.  If you have a later or aftermarket air filter housing, go to youre auto parts store and buy a Chevy air filter intake PCV filter.  Make a hole in a part of your air filter outer housing that is reasonably close to the curvature of the Chevy filter curvature.  Shove the filter into the hole, apply the retaining clip that came with the filter on the outside of your air filter housing and hook up your PCV hose.

This assumes you have an actual filter housing enclosing the filter assembly and are not just sandwiching a filter between the carb plate and some sort of cover / hold down plate.

Come to the JCCS in September and I will show you how the factory did it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the invite man, means alot. 

I've got a weber 32/36 that is just a filter sandwiched between two tins. Could totally put a nipple underneath the housing but would bypass the filter. Was thinking of setting up some sort of clamp so that the rubber hose coming off the breather valve butted up against the exposed mesh. 

The vent on the valve cover is piped to the air filter the way it is for a reason, it may not be the best way, but it works the best the way it is for a manufacturer, it meets all codes required for the manufacturer.

The valve cover vent doesn't just blow out air/oil all the time, it also sucks in air on a properly running engine, so if the hose is piped inside the air filter, when the air is being sucked into the valve cover vent, it is filtered air.

There are as many views of this subject as there are members, I would rather it gets sucked down the carb myself, than have a oil saturated filter dripping on my exhaust.

• Like 2