Canby 2015 10th anniversary, No Excuses June 13th-14th

Janksun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like ill be coming again this year. 

I better hit up Busta for that Margarita I forgot last year.

Any one keen to trade some licence plates? I'm happy to bring a few Aussie ones over.  Id love a 1974ish Oregon and a 1986ish Whatever state...

Will try to bring some Hoodies or t shirts from my Car club to add to the raffle.

Ill be coming up from Bend OR, probably with Just Joel. Unless someone needs a car driven up from that area...  

• Like 1

Drove my Datsun to work!!!!!!! First on the road since last Aug. MAN it feels good.

Checked the diff oil last night because I swapped from a 3.70 up to a 4.11. Fawk what a difference! Had to drive over to another town to run through the electric speed billboard (w/e it's called) Took a half dozen tries to find 35 MPH is 50KPH. Have MPH speedo in a KPH country. This is 4 mph fast at 31 MPH or 13% at 100MPH. I need to slow up my speedometer cable this amount to correct the reading. Tomorrow I pull the pinion sleeve out and count the teeth. I forget which one I put in the 5 speed when I swapped the tail on it. More teeth turns slower. If it was a 18 tooth then an 16 tooth is 12.5%... close enough.

Thinking of trying that Delco syncromesh transmission oil so great time to check the pinion sleeve.

• Like 2

Too lazy to wade through 32 pages, anyone else from Spokane making the journey down? I'd like to cruise down with some other Datsuns. This will be my first time coming down. Don't really know what to expect.

Also.... how strict is the "no alcohol" rule for the campsite? Is that something they just have to say, or do they mean it? B)

HRH is in Spokane. Lots of Idaho boyz coming too.

No alcohol allowed. So use plastic cups or party in a tent. If stupid enough to walk around with open bottles and cans you WILL get noticed.

No open flame fire pits or camp fires. Bar-B-Qs welcome.

Bring personal flashlights. There are electrical outlets so bring extension cords.

No rap allowed. I mean it. Keep the noise down after 10. 

Not sure if tazers were disallowed or not

No bicycles

No hood surfing

No mud bogging.

Ass pennies ok.

Picked up some 15w40 and a NAPA filter. Also chased down some of that GM/AC Delco friction modified Synchromesh Gear oil.  Tried GM dealer, showed him the part number and guess what was the first fucking thing out of his mouth???? "What year is it for"  I said don't matter... he said "yes it does" ... I said Datsun and he looked pissed off. Went to Lordco for it.

• Like 3

Found I have a red speedo pinion gear 20T. So 20/18 = 11.1% as close as I can get. 1.8% is 0.9MPH at 50 MPH

Im fast by 4MPH at 31MPH so need to be 12.9% slower. More teeth makes it turn slower. 22 / 20 = 11% Close enough but must find a 22 tooth. 32702-E9822

Mine's a little off now too.. do the speedo gears in manuals/autos interchange? If so, the speedo gear from the auto I pulled out should match the rear diff in the car, right?

They look similar but not. I found two sleeves that were different diameter than the normal 71B.... maybe one is from an automatic? I know I have one somewhere. .

Found I have a red speedo pinion gear 20T. So 20/18 = 11.1% as close as I can get. 1.8% is 0.9MPH at 50 MPH

Im fast by 4MPH at 31MPH so need to be 12.9% slower. More teeth makes it turn slower. 22 / 20 = 11% Close enough but must find a 22 tooth. 32702-E9822

I'd hate to be a cop who pulled Dmike over for speeding.

I dont think I can camp out but I will spend an entire day into the night hanging out.

It would be great to see a scheduled workshop at a Canby event some day. Like sheet metal panel forming or automotive related skills lesson. 

• Like 5

Vacation has been approved and I bought a tiny tent.

Just need to get out to the shop and figure out little miss

Is little miss your truck ??  If it can drive around town and such for a few hours at at a time,, it WILL make it... If you have problem,, someone will rescue you off the freeway,,, guaranteed

• Like 1

Is little miss your truck ?? If it can drive around town and such for a few hours at at a time,, it WILL make it... If you have problem,, someone will rescue you off the freeway,,, guaranteed

little miss is my yellow truck. Barely made it to the house and back last time I drove her. Longest trip since gas tank reinstall half to a full hour

I dont think I can camp out but I will spend an entire day into the night hanging out.

It would be great to see a scheduled workshop at a Canby event some day. Like sheet metal panel forming or automotive related skills lesson. 

Not sure i would be able to attend as it would cut into my BS-ing,  lounging, eating  and arguing time but .

Could we include a session on how to change clutch, overhaul motor,, and the pros and cons of adding gear oil to your 620s transmission before making a long trip?

:lol:

• Like 8