• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get

.609 mm at the thread

.677 mm at the serrations

+ or - the fact i'm using a harbor freight digital micrometer.

um .6mm is pretty small :rofl:

i get .672 inches for the hole entrance. 1.146 deep from the bottom of it to the where the nut would touch.and looks like a bunch of holes to mount the steering wheel. it fit my momo wheel but not my steering shaft.

• Like 1

Lets keep chatter of what you want and are bringing to a minimum. If vending, everyone will see it there.

I'd like to see parts that can offered here, delivered and be available for pick up at Canby. List them, picture of them and a price. No discussion. Anyone interested, contact seller by private message and work it out.

This is a Canby only chance to sell or exchange your junk by bringing in person to cut delivery costs and bother. It a once a year chance outside of our usual CLASSIFIEDS section. If you can't stick to this it will be erased and maybe this thread closed.

So who's got what? that they don't want and don't mind bringing with them?

I was hoping we could stick to this a bit more.

Less discussion and more pictures of what you have. Make delivery/pick up/price by private message.

Keep in mind, this is a Canby delivery and parts pick up only.

• Like 1

For example.

I have two 620 fuse blocks the one on the left is in poorer shape but not burned or melted contacts. Should be cleaned up with sand paper and a vinegar soak. The holder is free as the condition is poor as you see it but the fuse block is $15.

The one on the right is practically pristine and has been soaked in vinegar ... $25

If your harness plugs are melted you can swap your wires into these plugs. ... $5 or included with either box you buy if you need them.

Canby2014parts002.jpg

Canby2014parts001.jpg

Oct '82 and up 720 round clock and tach option. Includes the mission 2.2K in line resistor fro true plug it in and play. For clock you will have to drill a 1/8" hole where the dimple is on the clear bezel. $50 or $30 each.

Canbyparts001.jpg

610/710 fuse cover. May work on the S10 or A10 so check yours. Small crack in top left. $10

Canbyparts002.jpg

p/m'd you

Added

Three L20B automatics 3N71B Drove two of them one a 620 and one 710 but the same.

um .6mm is pretty small :rofl:

i get .672 inches for the hole entrance. 1.146 deep from the bottom of it to the where the nut would touch.and looks like a bunch of holes to mount the steering wheel. it fit my momo wheel but not my steering shaft.

Nuts touch :blush: :blush:

Does it have a bevel at one end because the steering wheel we have is exactly that thick?? Hell it sounds perfect,  just bring it,, and your best fighting midget,, and we will compete them in a best of three, barnyard brawl,, to determine the price.

• Like 1

Welcome :)

This will be my first Canby event so I'm not sure what to expect. But I'm hoping to find some NL320 and/or E1 engine parts.

You can expect a lot of Datsuns of every type, there is usually one or two NL320s there.

Are you camping, or just showing up for one day?

• Like 1

I'm not camping. I live ~30 miles away, so depending on what is going on I will probably come out both days.

Dylan

30 miles, you have to be close, and you have an NL320, who you get it from?

I will be there both days as well, I am dragging a U320 to the meet, it runs, I just don't trust it to make it.

Here is a preview of mine, it's ugly, but it was a basket when I got it in Feb.

DSCN3146.JPG

DSCN3147.JPG

• Like 4

Nice U320! I've never seen one except in pictures so I look forward to seeing it in person. I live over in Beaverton. I bought the NL320 in April from somebody in Kaizer. I believe he said he traded a built 510 for the NL320 from somebody local a couple of years ago, so it is possible that it has been seen in this community before.

I just finished putting an electronic ignition distributor on it and it is running pretty good. I still need to rebuild the carburetor.

Since getting it I had a cheap paint job done, not perfect but looks good from 10ft back :)

SAM_1271.jpg

• Like 4

I'm looking for misc stuff. I need a new steering wheel and the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe clamp (this seems like something that should be able to be found new still but I haven't found it yet) and the outer door window rubber squeegees. I would like another Nikki carb, an E1 head (I have a spare block that I might want to rebuild), the original manual starting crank (just cause :) ), the passenger side door trim, and a stock lug wrench. 

I used the matchbox EI distributor from a L20B motor.  I had to mill a little bit of metal off of it so that I could use the stock hitachi D406 distributor mounting plate. I don't know the rules here about posting links to other forums, but I basically followed the information and posted some comments in this thread: http://forums.nicoclub.com/need-help-with-ei-distributor-conversion-please-t376031.html. I still don't have a vacuum advance line hooked up, but hopefully by next weekend I will.

I will probably rebuild the carb myself. I did find this blog: http://www.mydatsun320.com/ where somebody said he used a place called Chicago Carburetor. I emailed him and asked how much he paid and he said it was $205 at the time which seems pretty good considering it looks brand new afterwards, but like I said I will probably do it myself. I have a laser cutter and I am somewhat skilled in CAD, so I have been trying to make my own carb rebuild kit. I need high resolution pics with used or new gaskets next to a ruler for scale (if anybody has anything like that let me know). I have received a couple of scans of new gaskets from the person whose blog I listed above and he said he had a rebuild kit on order from Australia and would send me more scans when it comes in. I have drawn a couple of the gaskets and cut them out of cardboard. They are close to right, I just need to tweak them a bit and cut them out of gasket material. I would like to be able to test fit them on to a carb as I make them them but I don't want to experiment on my running NL320, which is why I want a spare carb to tinker with. 

All this stuff you are asking for except for the carb and maybe the pipe clamp is getting hard to come by, I would try an exhaust shop for the clamp.

All my steering wheels have significant cracks, Terry down in CA used epoxy and a lot of time to fix his.

I bought this weather stripping from "chevs of the 40s" for a mid 40s car I believe, it was a complicated piece, but one of the sides had just what I needed to make exterior window squeegees for my NL320, I am going to have to buy some more for my U320 build, it is part #01A201PL, I don't know if the "0" is a 0 or the letter "O", but I think it is the number "0", as I said the rubber piece needed needs to be cut out of the existing piece, you can look at my NL320 Saturday if I drag the U320 there Friday evening, then I will drive the NL there Saturday, otherwise the NL won't get there this year.

The side trim and the crank are going to be tough, I will know more next weekend.

I'm looking for misc stuff. I need a new steering wheel and the exhaust manifold to exhaust pipe clamp (this seems like something that should be able to be found new still but I haven't found it yet) and the outer door window rubber squeegees. I would like another Nikki carb, an E1 head (I have a spare block that I might want to rebuild), the original manual starting crank (just cause :) ), the passenger side door trim, and a stock lug wrench. 

I used the matchbox EI distributor from a L20B motor.  I had to mill a little bit of metal off of it so that I could use the stock hitachi D406 distributor mounting plate. I don't know the rules here about posting links to other forums, but I basically followed the information and posted some comments in this thread: http://forums.nicoclub.com/need-help-with-ei-distributor-conversion-please-t376031.html. I still don't have a vacuum advance line hooked up, but hopefully by next weekend I will.

I will probably rebuild the carb myself. I did find this blog: http://www.mydatsun320.com/ where somebody said he used a place called Chicago Carburetor. I emailed him and asked how much he paid and he said it was $205 at the time which seems pretty good considering it looks brand new afterwards, but like I said I will probably do it myself. I have a laser cutter and I am somewhat skilled in CAD, so I have been trying to make my own carb rebuild kit. I need high resolution pics with used or new gaskets next to a ruler for scale (if anybody has anything like that let me know). I have received a couple of scans of new gaskets from the person whose blog I listed above and he said he had a rebuild kit on order from Australia and would send me more scans when it comes in. I have drawn a couple of the gaskets and cut them out of cardboard. They are close to right, I just need to tweak them a bit and cut them out of gasket material. I would like to be able to test fit them on to a carb as I make them them but I don't want to experiment on my running NL320, which is why I want a spare carb to tinker with. 

Just about everything I have tried to find for this truck has been pretty hard to come by. I do have some door and fender trim for an L320 that I purchased without realizing that doors on the NL320 are longer. I will have to sell that off at some point. I will have to look into that Chevy weather stripping.

The door and fender trim on the L320 is a different shape also, NL/U/V trim are the same, but the L trim is either larger/fatter or smaller/thinner.

DSCN1425.JPG

DSCN1427.JPG

DSCN1428.JPG

Just about everything I have tried to find for this truck has been pretty hard to come by. I do have some door and fender trim for an L320 that I purchased without realizing that doors on the NL320 are longer. I will have to sell that off at some point. I will have to look into that Chevy weather stripping.

It looks better, but it now shows just how much work I have ahead of me, it looks like the former owner took a grinding wheel instead of a sanding disc to it.

I also ran out of the same color primer, so it has 3 different colors now.

You primered the u320 Wayne! looks good!

• Like 1

Does anyone have a need for a set of standard bore SR20DET pistons?  I have a set of factory pistons I was going to use in an L20B variant.  Probably also bringing the custom L20B efi manifold I've been trying to sell.