best place to live in u.s. for Nissan scene/ good race tracks

I'm planning on moving out of the bay area in the next year and want to live near a few race tracks where I can drift and circuit race.

In all about car meets and shows.

I've been looking at places like Atlanta and Ohio because they are super cheap

I don't want to move away from the import car scene.

I would like to get a part time at a race track for the benefits.

You guys have any good ideas?

• Like 1
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all about car meets and shows.???????

dont that get old after awhile? It all comes and goes then your stuck on th east coast.

I would move there for a better standard of living Say Atlanta. For Datsuns the east coast is not your friend.

I would like to get a part time at a race track for the benefits. ????????

Sound like you want to be Poor the rest of your life.

Maybe should should start out with Job skills you have? Cost of moving? ect.

• Like 1

I would think that right here in So Cal would be a good place. Plenty of car shit to do every weekend, Couple of tracks to go to.

But not cheap to live. But I think better than the Bay area.

But like Hainz said, You might want to get a real day job. Then go from there.

• Like 2

I'm a truck driver and I'm gonna make enough money to buy a house out right and then live simply. I've been making 90k a year since I was 22.

I'll be hauling cars on the side w my own truck making money. I just wanted a little part time to be involved with the scene.

I want a cheap house about 80k that has very low property tax.

Want to keep my overhead under 1 after food/everything.

Does Atlanta have a lot of race tracks??

I think Texas is a good bet also.

So far it's looking like Texas Ohio Pennsylvania Atlanta or somewhere cheap with lots of race tracks and decent weather.

Three letters sum it up around here on the east coast,VIR! We have the famous Virginia International Raceway. And we have a few nice dragstrips here in NC. Rockingham, Fayetteville, Benson will soon be a 1/4 mile.  Plus housing is a lot cheaper than CA, as in half the cost!

Three letters sum it up around here on the east coast,VIR! We have the famous Virginia International Raceway. And we have a few nice dragstrips here in NC. Rockingham, Fayetteville, Benson will soon be a 1/4 mile.  Plus housing is a lot cheaper than CA, as in half the cost!

the wages are also cheaper so its kind of a wash 

work in cali retire somewhere else and you will be fine 

Jomz

If you have been making $90K Since you were 22 unless your 25 by now you should be set up.

That's damn good money. Just get out of the Bay and you'll be good to go. Or move to Texas. 

Does Atlanta have a lot of race tracks??

So far it's looking like Texas Ohio Pennsylvania Atlanta or somewhere cheap with lots of race tracks and decent weather.

Atlanta has:

Cordele, where everyone Auto x-s and drifts.
Dixie Speedway

AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park)

Roebling Road in Savannah, 

and most of all Road Atlanta. We also have some of the coolest Datsun race cars around here and a pretty tight community. Brasleton is supposed to be a nice place to live, and you're literally right around the corner from Road Atlanta, so it's pretty cool to be around. 

etc etc http://www.racereview.com/georgia.htm

-Yearly we have the Mitty which is probably the largest classic import get together in the US, just short of JCCS. Bigger then Canby for sure, but it's also open to more then just Datsun's. 

-ZdayZ takes place around here, so does East Coast Z Nationals at Z1 motorsports around Douglasville. 

-Nissan USA's headquarters is just north of us in TN, and has a huge Z car get together every year. 

ATL is pretty well setup for racing... and lots of Datsun love down here. 

Taxes are fairly low in the area too, and housing here is not too expensive, compared to some other local states. Weather here kinda sucks some times of the year, and can be a little inconsistent. But when it's nice here, it's freaking nice... 

Also, Matt Isbells no bullshit 240Z races at Road Atlanta, and is run out of MTI which will be doing the machining for my L28 in my 240Z.... No joking around with these guys.

He drove this car so hard that he blew up some Arizona Z car parts last season and put it into a wall. All CF front end this season... 

316233_581127251917661_645077135_n.jpg

http://www.racingin.com/track/texas.aspx

They left out Harris Hill Raceway that I was just at, so there's no telling what else they missed.

Texas has quite a few Nissan clubs.  Everything from Z cars to Sentra clubs.  It's a big place though, so you gotta narrow down an area you like.  Taxes are super low if you get out into rural areas.  As is cost of living.  I live in Southeast Texas and love it, but the import car scene here blows.  However, if you get up to Central Texas, or the Dallas area, it's pretty awesome.

I want a cheap house about 800 that has very low property tax.

800 what?  That's not much if you mean square feet, and that's not cheap if you mean thousand dollars.  My 2 bed 2 bath farm style house with 5 Acres and a 2 car garage was less than 100k.

This just happened a couple of weeks ago also.

My 2 bed 2 bath farm style house with 5 Acres and a 2 car garage was less than 100k.

Nissans yes but no datsuns

Damn thats cheap

Plus lots of Hog hunting!!!!!!!!!!!

Jomz

if your making that kind of money at your age worry about getting a house and paying the MOFO off then find a nice car in the end youll be ahead. Dont get married unless she makes more money than you.

with this then buy a nice car soembody else spent 2 times more getting nice and wait Baby Forces Sale in your in like Flint!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I've been finding more and more Datsuns and Datsun owners around the state.  Getting them to be at the same place at the same time can be like pulling teeth though.  Where I am, the Datsuns have mostly rotted, but if you get away from the coast, they're pretty well preserved. 

As for pricing a home,  800k would buy a mansion here if you could find a house that costs that much.

http://www.southeasttexasrbs.com/content/listdetail.html?propid=210110822&proptype=*&minprice=-1&maxprice=-1&bed=-1&full=-1&selectvirtualprops=1&propertyCount=50&show_listings=1&ad_id=783758&pageclicked=1&proppos=1&ids=210110822,210729039,183505535,118949551,195524472,198905470,172511431,199476867,208575209,208799876

Atlanta has:

Cordele, where everyone Auto x-s and drifts.

Dixie Speedway

AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park)

Roebling Road in Savannah,

and most of all Road Atlanta. We also have some of the coolest Datsun race cars around here and a pretty tight community. Brasleton is supposed to be a nice place to live, and you're literally right around the corner from Road Atlanta, so it's pretty cool to be around.

etc etc http://www.racereview.com/georgia.htm

-Yearly we have the Mitty which is probably the largest classic import get together in the US, just short of JCCS. Bigger then Canby for sure, but it's also open to more then just Datsun's.

-ZdayZ takes place around here, so does East Coast Z Nationals at Z1 motorsports around Douglasville.

-Nissan USA's headquarters is just north of us in TN, and has a huge Z car get together every year.

ATL is pretty well setup for racing... and lots of Datsun love down here.

Taxes are fairly low in the area too, and housing here is not too expensive, compared to some other local states. Weather here kinda sucks some times of the year, and can be a little inconsistent. But when it's nice here, it's freaking nice...

Also, Matt Isbells no bullshit 240Z races at Road Atlanta, and is run out of MTI which will be doing the machining for my L28 in my 240Z.... No joking around with these guys.

He drove this car so hard that he blew up some Arizona Z car parts last season and put it into a wall. All CF front end this season...

316233_581127251917661_645077135_n.jpg

This is exactly what I wanted to hear!!! I think Atlanta is the place for me so far. Omg this is more then enough to keep me happy!!!!

http://www.racingin.com/track/texas.aspx

They left out Harris Hill Raceway that I was just at, so there's no telling what else they missed.

Texas has quite a few Nissan clubs. Everything from Z cars to Sentra clubs. It's a big place though, so you gotta narrow down an area you like. Taxes are super low if you get out into rural areas. As is cost of living. I live in Southeast Texas and love it, but the import car scene here blows. However, if you get up to Central Texas, or the Dallas area, it's pretty awesome.

800 what? That's not much if you mean square feet, and that's not cheap if you mean thousand dollars. My 2 bed 2 bath farm style house with 5 Acres and a 2 car garage was less than 100k.

This just happened a couple of weeks ago also.

Oops I meant 80k

That makes more sense.  

Especially now that I see you're only 25.  I personally love central Texas and the Hill Country.  If I ever leave Southeast Texas, that's where I'm headed.  Plus, if you position yourself just right, you'll be owning a home close to a couple race tracks, 30 minutes from great food, with some of the most fun roads you've ever driven, and surrounded by colleges.

I think if I was 25, that'd be a pretty sweet setup.

truck driver

lets make this simple

Buy a Kia

live in Apartment

BANK mush money as possible and pay your debt off.

Car people come and go

If you stay on Ratsun long enough you will see this if you aint gone yourself in 4months from this site

There's two kinds of car people man. This is in my blood,hard to explain.ive surrounded myself with engine heads in california and I won't be able to operate without car people around me.

I'll be out of debt in a couple months. Started truck driving with 22k of debt now I only have 8k of debt.

That's what you get when you live in a truck and have no overhead.which is exactly while I will never pay rent in an apartment again.

I'm going to buy a house out right so I pay no interest and my only payments are property tax for my "rent".

And all the people who pretend to be car guys end up buying kias that's not me.

You would understand if you knew me.

I've been on this site before i got my datsun and plan on modifying nissans the rest of my life.