68' Grinch.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I cleaned up a bunch of 1968 datsun 510 parts that came with my car. Instead of buying new ones.

IMG_0654_zps431d2fac.jpg

IMG_0656_zps81f28e0c.jpg

And it  makes my car look like this.

IMG_0657_zpse3a52498.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsbe63bb4f.jpg

Then I made my car quiet by putting sound deaden-er everywhere. I also made my very own carpet kit. For less then HALF of the money a regular carpet kit would cost. It required time, scissors, a razor knife, and some glue.

IMG_0670_zps7934a839.jpg

IMG_0676_zpsc2c19118.jpg

I made it wrap up the sides of the floor under the trim. So it looks completed and you can't see metal anywhere.

IMG_0677_zps8d9d035e.jpg

IMG_0679_zpse89b22da.jpg

• Like 3

What kind of sound deadener did you put in it?

I got it at some VW shop in Portland, Ore. Its dense fiber with aluminum heat shield backing. I am hoping it works like closed cell foam. There is no Dinosaur mat in this car. Too much money for that. The only spot it really needs it though is the roof. People should research how it works and where you supposed to put it before they buy a shit ton of it. Its maximum SOUND deadening only needs to cover 25 percent of FLAT sheet metal. Dinamat does not  really help with bent sheet metal and sound. Though if you are using it for the heat blocking aspect, then by all means, cover your entire floor with hundred dollar bills.

This is unreal....  It's a one man version of overhaulin' or something...

Waiting for Chip or Xzibit to be in one of these pics.   (Yes lame shows, rabble rabble rabble.)

I picked up some little tv screens for the inside of my headlights and under the car. So I can watch pimp my ride while I am putting the headlight fluid in.

• Like 6

This is unreal....  It's a one man version of overhaulin' or something...

Waiting for Chip or Xzibit to be in one of these pics.   (Yes lame shows, rabble rabble rabble.)

IMG_0692x1.jpg

:rofl:

• Like 12