What are you listening to???

Saw a Documentary on Fishbone on Showtime last night called Every Day Sunshine. The history, influence, and struggles of the band in the 25 years they've been together. Has interviews with Flea, Gwen Stefani, Ice-T, Perry Farrell, Branford Marsalis, George Clinton, Tim Robbins, Gogol Bordello. Absolutely blew my mind to find out Angelo grew up a Jehovah's Witness. Talk about the suppression of creative energy, that religion is a spiritual prison. No wander he's a total spaz.

His dad's a freak, his mom is a skitso.

Yeah, that group has had more lineup changes than a sports team. Not to mention style swaps...

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine wrote Metallica's best songs.

After Cliff died, that was it for me.

I can't decide what is worse about "And Justice For All", the songs or the production...

It had One. Which was quite an apt name for the one track worth playing. Some good solos here and there, but lost in bad tracks...

His dad's a freak, his mom is a skitso.

Yeah, that group has had more lineup changes than a sports team. Not to mention style swaps...

I've seen Fishbone maybe 15 times from 84 in San Diego, LA, Oakland, San Francisco, NY, and Austin TX. Back in the day, they had more energy than any bad I've ever seen. Sometimes, there was no line between the stage and the pit, but it was never violent, always fun. Angelo was like a supercharged energizer on steroids, throwing his sax off stage, jumping off amps into the pit, and the crowd would just feed off it. Shit would go absolutely nuts, but it wasn't out of control. If you fall in the pit, before you knew it, someone would grab you and throw you back on your feet. Last time I saw them was in Oakland in like 02, shit was sad and stale by then, but so am I.

I didn't even know about me till give a monkey a brain. I think the fisher brother leaving and the guitarist guy leaving was the end of their sound for me. The energy they had in the 80's was wild man. I'd pay hmmmm, $400 maybe to be at a mid 80's LA FishBone show. Too bad time doesn't work that way.

I'd pay well over a grand to see Nina Simone in the 70's.

Tonight, Bjork on my player. She is one odd duck

• Like 1

It had One. Which was quite an apt name for the one track worth playing. Some good solos here and there, but lost in bad tracks...

I don't even get that far.

Actually now I think that album is unlistenable because of the production; lack of bottom end, what sounds like only 2 tracks of guitars, and the drums (Lars' bass drum sounds like he has his pedal attached to a cardboard box instead of an actual drum).

However back in the day I was smoking copious bongloads and that made bad music listenable...