What are you listening to???

this song was recorded as Alzheimer's had almost fully ravaged Glen Campbell's mind. He has no clue who he or anyone else is at this point but can still recall and play the tunes to his songs but needs a teleprompter for the lyrics. His doctors are not sure why his ability to play his songs remains when so much of the rest of his thought processes have ceased to function. bear in mind that he never memorized the lyrics or the music to this song. he was essentially walked through it for each take and the best session was released. personally, I think the whole affair is a bit ghoulish but his family and doctors seem to feel the performances keep some spark alive in him.

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shkeeved on Metallica when they whined about Nabster stealing their HUGE $$$$$ profits. Total turn off the way they handled it.

Cliff Burton and Dave Mustaine wrote Metallica's best songs.

After Cliff died, that was it for me.

I can't decide what is worse about "And Justice For All", the songs or the production...

Saw a Documentary on Fishbone on Showtime last night called Every Day Sunshine. The history, influence, and struggles of the band in the 25 years they've been together. Has interviews with Flea, Gwen Stefani, Ice-T, Perry Farrell, Branford Marsalis, George Clinton, Tim Robbins, Gogol Bordello. Absolutely blew my mind to find out Angelo grew up a Jehovah's Witness. Talk about the suppression of creative energy, that religion is a spiritual prison. No wander he's a total spaz. 

Peter Murphy leaves a wake of creative energy where ever he goes. Dalis Car is one of my favorites. The insanely gifted bassist you hear in this track is Mick Karn formerly from Japan. In 84 when Bauhaus and Japan broke up, Peter and Mick put together a group of the heaviest hitters in British music to produce one album.