Stupid or Brilliant?

Ok so heres the delio, i just finished a ka into my 521 and i live in the number car theft city, and lately datsuns have been missing. I have no security in the 521 other than a kill switch. Ill get to the point now, the swap and other situations have set me back financially, and gps alarm systems are neat but pricey, so i was wondering if anybody has those gps for dogs?, and how do they work,? i heard they are not too pricey, and would they work on a car?

Like tge title says stupid or Brilliant, most likely stupid huh? :(

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a daily driver?

no its not

I would make it undesirable to even look at closer then, remove tires if out in the open and not on the street, remove the cap and rotor, removable steering wheel, have a RV tow driveline put in it and disengage it when you park it, this will work really well if lowered, just make sure no one knows where the cable is.

Put an ignition system neutralizer in it, you cannot do anything with it if they try to hot wire it, and the coil is a direct short that throws sparks everywhere.

If it doesn't have a battery in it, they will have to bring their own, and if it gets stolen when you have removed the battery, it will be someone you know that stole it.

• Like 1

I would make it undesirable to even look at closer then, remove tires if out in the open and not on the street, remove the cap and rotor, removable steering wheel, have a RV tow driveline put in it and disengage it when you park it, this will work really well if lowered, just make sure no one knows where the cable is.

Put an ignition system neutralizer in it, you cannot do anything with it if they try to hot wire it, and the coil is a direct short that throws sparks everywhere.

If it doesn't have a battery in it, they will have to bring their own, and if it gets stolen when you have removed the battery, it will be someone you know that stole it.

i agree, tho i baby it alot, i never even take it to wal mart, this is a straight hater town, my brothers car has a nice paint job, so it has attracted ppl keying it several times in random parking lots.

i park my datsun in my back yard, i have a great security system there, but i still live with fear if i go to a restaurant/store, i usually take the coil cable with me, but in this town they know all the tricks

Of course, if someone REALLY wants it, they are probably going to get it. The best thing is to make it as difficult as possible, if these clowns wanted to do hard work, they would not be stealing cars. I had a car 'partially' stolen when I lived in AZ. They wired around my disable switch, just ran a hot wire right to the distributor, jumped the starter solenoid and were off. However, they did not find the fuel cut off switch, so they made it as far as the fuel bowl would take them and they jumped ship on the deal (which was about 30 feet). Now, if they would of had a flatbed or something to scoop it up with, I would have been hosed, in that case a lojack or something similar would have been the only way to get it back. Generally speaking, I think most want to get in, have it running and drive off in just a few minutes, the more time they spend, the bigger the risk. So to make it somewhat of a pain in the ass to get driving if you don't know what you have done to it is probably your best bet.

• Like 1

Etch vin number on all the glass and desirable parts. Even the ecu. If obviously marked, harder to front parts. Professioally installed alarm, hidden battery disconnect would b good. They'll b like, battery check but why wont it crank over. Just remember,over half of these punks are stupid. My buddy's truck side window wont latch but they punched hole under door lock to jimmy door open. 

My big truck that tows my enclosed just gets the rotor removed, then put the cap back on. Nothing appears to be disconnected, and it sure as hell wont run. I know this from all the times I forgot about it. Durr 

My big truck that tows my enclosed just gets the rotor removed, then put the cap back on. Nothing appears to be disconnected, and it sure as hell wont run. I know this from all the times I forgot about it. Durr 

I used to do something similar years ago. I would just switch the coil wire on the cap with one of the plug wires. And yes, I often forgot that I had done it before I tried to start it.

I would think, a hood lock, kill switch, fuel cut-off switch, and a club would be enough (foot pedal club, because there is less room down there to wield a saw).  But like smoke, said if someone wants it, they will take it.  Park the truck against a wall or fence and park another locked vehicle behind it...