Datsun Represented

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but...but...it's fwd :(

There are some...F10 and Sentra (for a brief moment it was Datsun)

I wanted 1RAD610 when I was in high school, but it was a "sequential plate", not really a personalized plate. Oh well:(

Nice one OL YELLER, and it's worth the questions. :)

Jason,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, They won't be asking "what's a datsun?", they'll be asking "what's a BONGER?"!!!

Ron, You've done it again!!!

But You Arizona guys are going to be pissed when You see what Choptana should be wearing at JCCS!!! For a clue, look at the plate I had at the Bar-B-Que. Now You Cali, Ore, and Washington guys will be RUSHING to get the same plate in Your state!!!

Your "datsun" should still have that "NU" car smell!!!!

I was nice about it :D Nissan got my hopes up with that new maxima commercial, but alas...still fwd

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/FWDsucks.jpg[/img]"]FWDsucks.jpg

While I'm at it. Nissan your constant variable transmission (or what ever you call it) is a piece of shit for pussys who, not only cannot drive a stick, but also, presumably, can't drive an automatic either! Who the hell told you that we even wanted them???? Not me!!! Some bean counter? Some engineer, just to prove it can be done? I want head snapping shifts, fuck the coffee stains! I want to drive a car, I want to feel it, I want it to be a part of me and I it, and not just sit in it. Damn, now I'm all worked up. ...shit!

Standards are in my blood. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for a stick shift. My dad's car was a floor shift and it got in the way and he couldn't pull out in time.

MIKE!!! E Z old man! you will bust a gut man LOL............ya know I have always been a stick shift DUDE myself. Having said that, remember that First off, I DID buy this vehicle for my MISSUS.....(yep she can drive a 4-5 speed well as I can, but ya know, after 44 yrs she deserves what she got)...but WAIT..that cvt transmission does indeed have the ability to be "shifted" manually...(did ya know that?...it's kinda fun too)!!! Oh and by the way, remember that some of the most famous drag racers had automatic transmissions...(most notably, the "Stone,Woods,&Cook Willys with that Oldsmobile trans).............also remember all those MOPAR "Funny Cars", ("Ramchargers", Sox & Martin, Dick Landy, et all all were torqflite equipped...) so even though I agree that RWD AND standard shift is quality....gotta go with the automatic sometimes...

MIKE!!! E Z old man! you will bust a gut man LOL............ya know I have always been a stick shift DUDE myself. Having said that, remember that First off, I DID buy this vehicle for my MISSUS.....(yep she can drive a 4-5 speed well as I can, but ya know, after 44 yrs she deserves what she got)...but WAIT..that cvt transmission does indeed have the ability to be "shifted" manually...(did ya know that?...it's kinda fun too)!!! Oh and by the way, remember that some of the most famous drag racers had automatic transmissions...(most notably, the "Stone,Woods,&Cook Willys with that Oldsmobile trans).............also remember all those MOPAR "Funny Cars", ("Ramchargers", Sox & Martin, Dick Landy, et all all were torqflite equipped...) so even though I agree that RWD AND standard shift is quality....gotta go with the automatic sometimes...

Ah.. it feels good to vent! Guess I never forgave Nissan going to FWD in the Maxima... AND no 5spd option!!!

My first car was a new 340 Dart, god how I loved driving that car. It was a lot of work to make it look easy. Years later my first P/S P/B automatic was a '69 Charger (318). Never thought I'd get used to it but it ended up being one of my favorites. You could stuff 6 into it and party all night, P/S so no work driving, auto so you could concentrate on having fun and not driving the car. Depends what you want. It's all good.

but WAIT..that cvt transmission does indeed have the ability to be "shifted" manually...(did ya know that?...it's kinda fun too)!!!

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. the tiptronic/cvt/blah blah blah transmissions aren't that fun. I suppose I could see where somebody would like the ability to "shift" and auto into a certain gear, but it's just not right. It doesn't feel the same.... and I always end up looking for the clutch.

I seriously dislike driving automatics.

An automatic is only good for:

- the disabled.

- rush hour.

- stopped at a light on a hill.

Other than that, they can bite me. Out of 7 vehicles, only one (the Chrysler Pig Car) has an automatic, and it was given to us. On it's last legs; probably won't last the year.

You know that bra on your car is hurting the paint worse than its protecting right? Get the 3m clear bra with sun protection if your concerned about rock chips. peace.

Yep i am aware of the ramifications of having the Bra on there...that is why it has only been used for photos and the very rare trip to the store...remember, as i said, this is my wifes automobile, and in the 4 and a half months since I bought it for her, she has put less than 1300 miles on the car. The car is hers and I drive it rarely....(that is what my 620(s) and Harley are for...LOL (also, it has a very nice flannel lined cover and is not subjected to the ravages of the sun at all....)

- the disabled.

- rush hour.

Autos have their purpose, and not just what you listed.

The variable transmissions are smooth. No feeling of a shift and they are very efficent. They get better milage than a stick. Autos generally are bought by someone who wants the luxury of cruising and doesn't want to be bothered with having to control the vehicle so much.

The variable transmissions are smooth. No feeling of a shift and they are very efficent. They get better milage than a stick. Autos generally are bought by someone who wants the luxury of cruising and doesn't want to be bothered with having to control the vehicle so much.

Thank you Kevin.

- the disabled.

- rush hour.

We love you too, ppeters914. I still send "Thank You" notes to the estate of Saddam Hussein...:fu:

My back injury is two-fold: Permanent nerve damage down the right leg and two severely herniated discs.

I, too would enjoy the "thrown into the seats" shifting of my youth, but alas, thats just a memory. :rolleyes:

My 610 sedan came with a three speed auto, and I recall the last time it ran the auto had shifts that threw me into the seats...:eek:

Sometimes things in life happen. My father HATES stick, so much so that every car he has ever owned has been an automatic. The first car I brought home with stick, he didn't know it was stick when I took him for a drive. He looked down at the shifter and looked at me panicked. I looked back at him

and said "How'd that get there...?!" :lol:

And, for the record, I'm building my 610 back stock, with the auto Mother Nissan gave her, so I can drive it. I would love a 5 speed swap, but I'll go with 3 speed with overdrive instead.

Thank you Kevin.

Thank You OL YELLER.

Sorry for everyone bashing on the new ride Ron. Sometimes people should really stick to mom's "nothing nice to say, don't say at all" mantra. It is a nice freakin car guys! The in-laws have one and I've driven it.

Side note! How do you like the QR25 that's under the hood? I drove the in-laws car w/ mom in the car. Thus, I couldn't beat on it. QR's a rev happy like crazy and they respond to boost well. I know its the wifes, but i'm just putting it out there. ;)

-Brian

Agreed, they fill a niche. Just not one I'm in, or plan to be in. Standards have a higher fun factor, but a bit of work, autos are less fun and a lot less work, CVTs same amount of work as an auto, can't imagine them being any fun, boreing? Fine in some vehicles but it would be nice if you had a choice.

Speaking of choice. Would many want a CVT in their 510/520/521/620/280/350z ?