The Blue 620 Build?

Draynor

As requested, starting a thread on my new 620. Picked it up after my motor blew in my wagon (Still keeping wagon).

Carlos told me his buddy had a 620 for cheap, that runs and drives. So I say why not? and go and look at it. 620 king cab deluxe, l20b,5 speed, matchbox,etc...A lot of rust on tailgate and some on fenders, a little bit here and there through out, but not super bad!

It drove me home after sitting since 05. Made it to Adams house in Hillsboro from Glissan  :D. Got to Adams and the fan belt had flown off, causing me to overheat a little. The thermostat was also stuck, but luckily Adam had extra belts and a thermostat on hand. We also drilled out the broken alt bolt and replaced it. Then I was on my way home and driving good again. I was surprised at how well this truck just cruises! So easy to drive and ran pretty good, considering the circumstances.

I bought it with no title, the next day went to DMV and already have a new one on the way. Should be here in about a month  :)

Plans for now are to get different tires, maybe different wheels, Clean the crap out of it, throw my Weber on and a nice tune up. We'll see what happens with it after all that, Haven't fully decided on what to do it it yet...

Anyway here's some pics, will update with some more as it happens.

IMG_2452_zps81d280d9.jpg

IMG_2453_zps88e2d163.jpg

IMG_2458_zpsdd5bd329.jpg

IMG_2459_zpsa252799d.jpg

IMG_2450_zpsae7173da.jpg

IMG_2460_zps73c73fd0.jpg

IMG_2466_zpsb6064548.jpg

IMG_2449_zpsd5df57e0.jpg

IMG_2456_zps0f729cc1.jpg

IMG_2462_zpsfe3f0dcc.jpg

IMG_2463_zps25e43d82.jpg

IMG_2464_zpsb980a872.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Derek stopped by to work on some tail-lights.....But when he pulled up he had a water leak going on.
IMAG7228.jpg
620 guys know the BS involved to replace that little hose to the intake manifold. We quickly realized it would be much easier to replace with a Weber Derek had from his wagon. So Operation Weber install....and SMOG DELETE was set into motion.
IMAG7230.jpg
The Air pump system was no where near functioning.....and the middle exhaust bolt was being a BITCH!
IMAG7247.jpg
After Derek busted a few knuckles...we were looking at this thinking, FUCK now we have to weld theses holes or unplug and fill with plugs. Then I remembered I had another exhaust mani that was already plugged and was just sitting out by my shed. One good reason to never throw out shit. :)
IMAG7250.jpg
IMAG7270.jpg
IMAG7274.jpg
We did swap the Weber onto the W58 manifold....which had the throttle cable support clamp deal. :thumbs:  We also got to make a block off plate.
IMAG7279.jpg
Also bigger ports than the L16 mani. Plus the mounting bosses where ground down, cause Racecar.
IMAG7275.jpg
The hose that started it all..  :shock:
IMAG7276.jpg
The aftermath!
IMAG7287-1.jpg
  :fu:

Trip permit...tail-light! Thanks Chrackerjack!
IMAG7288.jpg
Derek also got a decent front valance from Crackerjack but he didn't get time to install. And also need to trouble shoot the wipers....us 510 guys were like where is the motor.  :yuno:
IMAG7289.jpg
Now tomorrow I get to play with the wagon on the right.  :thumbs:

Derek.

I dub you, ( BabyPhat)!

Look at his face guys, it is all baby!
Just makes me want to pinch his cheeks.
hahahahah!
The Phat is a give-in!

Let me say this because.
I don't want anyone thinking, I am picking on him!
He likes the nickname too!
I am going to have to get him a sticker: with that name on it. 

I like the truck.
Now it is in good hands for now!

• Like 1

Picked up some new wheels from "FigBuck" last night B)

Cleaned out and vacuumed the inside yesterday. Did another thorough wash on it today. Almsot got everything working on it, Last thing is the Temp/Gas gauge. Oh after I got the wipers working, found out it has the intermittent switch :D

Gonna take off that big as rear bumper, put on the front one, and lower it a little in the next couple days...

IMG_2500_zpse54dad85.jpg

IMG_2499_zps9a43ed0d.jpg

IMG_2494_zps943bd5af.jpg

Oh and this happened on the way back from picking the new wheels up :o

IMG_2488_zpsbc62a3e7.jpg

IMG_2487_zps7aff0518.jpg

IMG_2489_zps0ca0a89d.jpg

• Like 2

You could have been rocking white walls!

Picked up some new wheels from "FigBuck" last night B)

Cleaned out and vacuumed the inside yesterday. Did another thorough wash on it today. Almsot got everything working on it, Last thing is the Temp/Gas gauge. Oh after I got the wipers working, found out it has the intermittent switch :D

Gonna take off that big as rear bumper, put on the front one, and lower it a little in the next couple days...

IMG_2500_zpse54dad85.jpg

IMG_2499_zps9a43ed0d.jpg

IMG_2494_zps943bd5af.jpg

Oh and this happened on the way back from picking the new wheels up :o

IMG_2488_zpsbc62a3e7.jpg

IMG_2487_zps7aff0518.jpg

IMG_2489_zps0ca0a89d.jpg

• 1 month later...