• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many members of the Residents and I am sure that Les was too young to have been anything but a collaborator. 

True, the residents are more of an evolving group of conceptual artists than a band, and have had people, influences, and performance ideas migrating threw it sense it was started in Shreveport in the 60s. None of the members names were ever published and although unsubstantiated, Les Claypool is credited as a major contributor to Cube E. In an interview Les talked about his friendship with members of Metalica and was considered as a replacement bassist when Cliff Burton died. He admitted he didn't fit in there, because his creative interests were too weird. He talked about working on mostly "avant garde" performance stuff at that time. When asked for details he said he wasn't at liberty to talk about it. Bands like Snake finger, Duck Stab, and Primus were all "rumored" to have come from their transient members. 

Still tripping on your folks actually living in the Mission on 18 Sycamore St, Seriously bad ass. SF's underground art scene was teaming with energy in the 80s. Totally subversive anti establishment shit going on. Mark Pauline's Shop, founder of SRL Survival Research Laboratories, was also right near there. These guys were the reason I came to SF to go to art school. Really mind blowing to think your Mom and Dad lived right there in Mecca Dude.

True, the residents are more of an evolving group of conceptual artists than a band, and have had people, influences, and performance ideas migrating threw it sense it was started in Shreveport in the 60s. None of the members names were ever published and although unsubstantiated, Les Claypool is credited as a major contributor to Cube E. In an interview Les talked about his friendship with members of Metalica and was considered as a replacement bassist when Cliff Burton died. He admitted he didn't fit in there, because his creative interests were too weird. He talked about working on mostly "avant garde" performance stuff at that time. When asked for details he said he wasn't at liberty to talk about it. Bands like Snake finger, Duck Stab, and Primus were all "rumored" to have come from their transient members. 

Still tripping on your folks actually living in the Mission on 18 Sycamore St, Seriously bad ass. SF's underground art scene was teaming with energy in the 80s. Totally subversive anti establishment shit going on. Mark Pauline's Shop, founder of SRL Survival Research Laboratories, was also right near there. These guys were the reason I came to SF to go to art school. Really mind blowing to think your Mom and Dad lived right there in Mecca Dude.

truth be told I had no clue who the Residents were i was more in to Queen and Duran Duran at the time, it was much older sister who clued me in. yeah SF used to be fucking killer, it seems to have been bleached out by the tech boom. I mean don't get me wrong I love a good vegan doughnut or an empanada at the ferry building but I am getting really sick of all the old familiar places getting ovverrun or bought out. not to mention it's impossible to find rent for under $3000 let alone own. And now they are headed towards Oakland?  Whats next? A whole Foods on Indy? Condos on 99th?

rant

No doubt Laotsu, Slick Willy Brown sold the city's soul in the late 90s. And yes, West Oakland is teetering on gentrification as we speak, but hasn't it been in that position for the past 10 years?.

Like Manhattan, SF is a finite space and a prestige market. Rents are arbitrary numbers, as long as people bust their hump to pay that kind of $, the culture will suffer. What the city needs is another good earthquake enema to wash out the poser shit. Late 89 in SF was the time of low hanging fruit. my wife and I were renting a sick one bedroom in North Beach with a pool and view for $700. It was right wheer Grant, Vallejo, Columbus, and Broadway meat SFs Time Square. Can't imagine what that shit's going for now. Mover to the East Bay over 10 years ago to rase a family and we're still hoping International will become the new Mission. I think it would take more than an earthquake to pull that off.

• Like 1

No doubt Laotsu, Slick Willy Brown sold the city's soul in the late 90s. And yes, West Oakland is teetering on gentrification as we speak, but hasn't it been in that position for the past 10 years?.

Like Manhattan, SF is a finite space and a prestige market. Rents are arbitrary numbers, as long as people bust their hump to pay that kind of $, the culture will suffer. What the city needs is another good earthquake enema to wash out the poser shit. Late 89 in SF was the time of low hanging fruit. my wife and I were renting a sick one bedroom in North Beach with a pool and view for $700. It was right wheer Grant, Vallejo, Columbus, and Broadway meat SFs Time Square. Can't imagine what that shit's going for now. Mover to the East Bay over 10 years ago to rase a family and we're still hoping International will become the new Mission. I think it would take more than an earthquake to pull that off.

My sister managed the Spinellii coffee under your pad back then

18 were saying bull shit. How can anything 'Special Edition' be stock? There was only one optional aluminum 'mag' rim for them back then from the factory. That sure ain't it. Slotted mags are period correct and every after market company made them.

(edit) Most if not all z cars came here with stamped steel rims and wheel disc covers. Dealers would fit the 'period correct slotted magnesium rims' They were not authorized factory equipment but dealers would do this for the buyer, same as putting window tint on. Only steel rims were licensed or certified to be on cars sold here. They are neither collectible nor worth much. The original steel rim with hub caps are worth much more if you can find them..

I can't give away my slots.

Canby2011029.jpg

18 were saying bull shit. How can anything 'Special Edition' be stock? There was only one optional aluminum 'mag' rim for them back then from the factory. That sure ain't it. Slotted mags are period correct and every after market company made them.

(edit) Most if not all z cars came here with stamped steel rims and wheel disc covers. Dealers would fit the 'period correct slotted magnesium rims' They were not authorized factory equipment but dealers would do this for the buyer, same as putting window tint on. Only steel rims were licensed or certified to be on cars sold here. They are neither collectible nor worth much. The original steel rim with hub caps are worth much more if you can find them..

I can't give away my slots.

Canby2011029.jpg

Ill take emm :)

I gave a neighbor a set of Pontiac mags for his car because I didn't want them. Week later they were in the scrap metal yard. :lol: :lol:  I haven't seen them in a while. One set were 13" the other 14" oh.... oh... I gave or sold a set to Eugine before he moved, I think. I'll have a look tomorrow see what's left.

but now that I know there are rare collectible special edition stock Z car rims.....

• Like 1

I had a 7700 f150, so I know exactly what you're talking about. My neighbor had a Silverado pansy ass 6 log and I'd always give him shit about it... Dude, Ford uses 7 lugs. After market options, ZERO