(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Ya true, rich fools have there places covered, as well as private security companys that profile people and carry rubber bullets. You legally cannot be detained by s suburban rent a cop, or can you?

I don't know. I'm gonna go with "no" and swing at his jaw if he tried.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya true, rich fools have there places covered, as well as private security companys that profile people and carry rubber bullets. You legally cannot be detained by s suburban rent a cop, or can you?

Any one can detain another as a citizen's arrest (and hold for the police) but probably a good idea if it turns out to be well justified. Do expect the person being held to fight back justifiably in defense of his safety. If you get hurt attempting to do a police officer's job, you're on your own.

When I was in my 20s, I was placed under "citizens arrest" once. It was all fine, because it was so lame, I knew the cops would just let me go when they got there. But......as I sat there, the guys who arrested me kept making threats to harm me. I'm not really a big fan of threats, sooooo, it didn't really work out quite as smoothly as they had originally hoped.

When I was in my 20s, I was placed under "citizens arrest" once. It was all fine, because it was so lame, I knew the cops would just let me go when they got there. But......as I sat there, the guys who arrested me kept making threats to harm me. I'm not really a big fan of threats, sooooo, it didn't really work out quite as smoothly as they had originally hoped.

so you ended up kicking his ass rite?

Any one can detain another as a citizen's arrest (and hold for the police) but probably a good idea if it turns out to be well justified. Do expect the person being held to fight back justifiably in defense of his safety. If you get hurt attempting to do a police officer's job, you're on your own.

Nope.If the citizen's arrest is found to be justified,then the perp is on the hook for any injuries/damages e.t.c. If not,then the "arresting citizen" can be charged with false imprisonment.

In Canada they just tie you up for a couple days til the storm clears.

I guess if your on public property and some "ninja" looking rent a robot comes after you ... You are entitle to one roundhouse kick.