79 KC is finally legal... time to get started

volksmike

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to get my semi daily driver V-dub back on the road before I could parts for the Datsun. DSC02904.jpg

The brakes on the truck are not right. The pedal goes to the floor before they engage. I checked the adjustment on the rear shoes and replaced the master cylinder (full of nasty stuff). The brakes do stop the truck, just all the way to the floor.

With the engine running, pushing the pedal causes a change in the sound of the engine. So, I figure I will put a booster on it and see what that does.

Wow! Nice Fastback mang! Euro fogs? Sweet. I never realized how long the nose was on those. It would be a HUGE undertaking (..and probably too spendy), but would anyone else like to see a monster inline-6 twin turbo sitting under the front "bonnet" on that thing?

-Brian

Wow! Nice Fastback mang! Euro fogs? Sweet. I never realized how long the nose was on those. It would be a HUGE undertaking (..and probably too spendy), but would anyone else like to see a monster inline-6 twin turbo sitting under the front "bonnet" on that thing?

-Brian

with a radiator behind a subtle "grille" in that square nose? Neighbor has a 2.5Legacy motor in his Vanagon, and it's no bigger than the original "vasserboxer".

It will be fun to find the window rubber for that truck. You have the same window trim as my '79. The chrome sits inside the rubber. I'm having a hell of a time locating them. Keep us posted if you find a sorce.

Nice truck.